Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Hi from NC

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi from Littleton, NC. Just joined because I bought an 2003 VN750 last week. This will be my girlfriend's first bike. I get to be the coach and the monkey with the wrenches... �� It had 6609 on the odometer when we brought it home. So far we've changed the oil and filter, flushed the cooling system, changed the brake fluid, changed final drive oil, adjusted and lubed the throttle and clutch cables, and cleaned the air filters. She helped, and wants to learn how to maintain it as well as ride it.

This is my first dealing with a v-twin. So far, I've noticed that the carbs are at weird angles in this thing. I'm learning too.

What little bit I've read in here, looks like a good group of friendly and helpful people. Looking forward to learning from and interacting with the group.

I ride a 2006 Concours and I'm a member of COG. Anther great group of friendly, helpful folks. Also have a 2009 KLR650 that was my first road bike. I like Kawi's if you couldn't tell!

#2 ·
Welcome to the party. All you need now is a maintenance free battery and check the spline lube and you should be good for a minute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.