Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - LED tail light board update
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
bulldog485
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Well, the LED brake light prototype came in during the week and I installed it on my VN750 to check it out. Freaking AWESOME… Bright as hell and drops the power consumption greatly.

Today I took it to Chad for him to give it a two week trial. Chad checked the amperage consumption and gave it a complete check out. He is impressed. We put it in at his place of work and started walking down the lot to see how far the brake light shows in the daylight. GD!!! That thing is BRIGHT!!! From 50 feet, it still is bright as hell. Much brighter then the 1157 bulbs. Chad will put about 1000 miles on this prototype and we should be able to give a positive recommendation to Clear Alternatives. I already gave them the thumbs up for production when I received the prototype and saw the quality and how it fits into the housing. Everyone who orders one will be happy as a pig in slop… It is one of the best upgrades to the VN750 and from Chad tells me, it greatly reduces the amperage draw. I know that when I replaced my Nomad 1157 bulbs with a LED board, it really gave me a boost and from what everyone tells me it is WAY brighter then the bulbs on the Nad. This VN750 board is just as good…

So, we are about two weeks away from being able to order this creature. The part number should be LED-46-L and should sell for around $49.99 each. www.clearalternatives.com

They will also sell the clear tail light housing too. Me personally, I like the red…

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome