The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
News and Announcements Information and news related to the website

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
Of all the bikes I've owned, have to say the VN750 has been the most problematic, though it's never stranded me. Being able to use this forum to identify and fix many of the potential problems has helped immensely, and it's actually a reliable bike now.

Harley racists - That's my term for the brand loyalists that can't speak to riders on any other brand. They start to wave... "oops, that's a metric ... just scratchin' my helmet, not waving, nope, not me, my helmet was itching".

Speaking of helmets, WV almost ditched the helmet law, but failed.
"Harley racists", that's great!

so what the hell happened?! not that it really matters to me, I always wear a helmet. but I'd still like to know what happened. how did it fail?

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:59 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
on the Ok Yoke run Wolfie was giving me ****. said "you know this is a helmet free state?why ya still wearing yours? " so I say" ya really think my head can tolerate any more damage? " he says" you've got a real good point there.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:44 AM
2014 KLR 650!

Well, I owe a Harley, A 1995 Sportster and maybe these should be in a another class by themselves. The EVO engine is almost bulletproof. I've read so much bad about Harley Big Twins that I will have to be content with the 1200. The defects in the Big Twin cams alone is legendary. I can work on my sportster...and when I say work, I mean maintain. Ive never had any engine troubles in the almost 20,000 miles I've owned her. I did just fix a stripped out forward pulley which is probably my fault. I have gotten a flat tire. The engine has only ever NOT started when the negative ground was loose on the battery.

The fact that this bike is air cooled and can run fine in 100 degree weather is the best. Air cooled means less to worry about. Want to rebuild the the thing? No problem. Take off the tank and go to town. Want tot work on the tranny? You have a trap door into the innards. Big Twins and newer sporties suck in that department.

If I retire and can actually cruise for weeks at a time, then I'd think about a jap bike that is smooth as glass under my azz.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
That was my guess before I read the link. Given the fact most of the Big Four were so close in the survey, I think it's more of what your small circle includes.
Every Honda owner I talked to ...from ST, Goldwing and other models...they all said the bike was rock solid.
Having owned several Hondas, I can definitely confirm. Honda is the only brand of bike I have never had a single issue with.

It's why old CBs are so popular today. You will never go wrong. even the worst barn find will still have a solid engine that keeps going.

And they did make the single best motorcycle the world has ever seen (from mechanical/functional POV). The VFR750. Ultra-smooth V4 with gear driven cams.
It's one of the few bikes I would buy with 200K on the clock.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biking Viking View Post
Having owned several Hondas, I can definitely confirm. Honda is the only brand of bike I have never had a single issue with.

It's why old CBs are so popular today. You will never go wrong. even the worst barn find will still have a solid engine that keeps going.

And they did make the single best motorcycle the world has ever seen (from mechanical/functional POV). The VFR750. Ultra-smooth V4 with gear driven cams.
It's one of the few bikes I would buy with 200K on the clock.
love the old Goldwings too

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird