the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paulywog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Grambo trick - Oops

Thank you all for all the great information, including the Grambo trick. I was getting a lot of noise so I bought the parts needed for the MCCT conversion. I figured I'd have it at the ready if the Grambo trick didn't work.

I removed the bolt on the end of the ACCT housing and peeked inside without the benefit of a flashlight. I saw what appeared to be a nut with slots across the top from 12 to 6 and from 9 to 3. I got a big screwdriver and tried to turn it. No luck. It would not move CW or CCW - no movement at all. That was my oops. I pulled off the ACCT housing and discovered that the screw that needed to be turned was inside the bolt hole - a little tiny screw head. I got out my trusty Mac pocket screwdriver and turned it CW, feeling the spring. I re-installed the ACCT (had to turn the little screw CW to get it in) and turned the little screw a few more times. Then I went to the back cylinder, removed the coolant reservoir, removed the bolt from the end of the housing, and use my little screwdriver to turn it CW a few times. Started it up and all the noise was gone. Sounds like brand new.

So here is my lesson for the day. Use a flashlight and don't be so damned impatient!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 AM

Thumbs up Grambo trick

When I first got my bike I didn't know how much noise was normal,so I did the Grambo trick,found on this site,and the bike turned quiet. A coulpe springs later and I was dripping unburnt fuel from the right pipe,did the trick again,and again it worked. Still runs quiet and fast . It's a 91.Lots of info that saved me many times.
T-Bone likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement