Marbling complete??? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Question Marbling complete???

I put in the marbles per Starman's website but scooter seems to be running too rich now like it's flooding down and exhaust has a strong smell and some smoking at low idle. Backfiring and popping has quit and at high RPM it runs great. I had to increase low idle but I didn't want to enrich mixture that seems too rich already. Suggestions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 01:03 AM

Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgree
I put in the marbles per Starman's website but scooter seems to be running too rich now like it's flooding down and exhaust has a strong smell and some smoking at low idle. Backfiring and popping has quit and at high RPM it runs great. I had to increase low idle but I didn't want to enrich mixture that seems too rich already. Suggestions????
If possible could you post your results I would like to do the same mod. Any help would be great. Does it seem to perform any different?

Grif
1991 VN750
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: Marbling complete???

I went ahead and drilled out the lead covers and tried the enrichment screws as well as checked for exhaust leaks per the website reccommendations. This corrected the smoking problem. Although it still runs a little rough at idle, highway RPM is alot smoother and more responsive. The deceleration backfiring and popping is all but gone except for an improper downshift around town occasionally when someone ignores your presence there and pulls out in front of you. The rough idle may be caused by something else I am not aware of???

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Quote:
I went ahead and drilled out the lead covers and tried the enrichment screws as well as checked for exhaust leaks per the website reccommendations. This corrected the smoking problem. Although it still runs a little rough at idle, highway RPM is alot smoother and more responsive. The deceleration backfiring and popping is all but gone except for an improper downshift around town occasionally when someone ignores your presence there and pulls out in front of you. The rough idle may be caused by something else I am not aware of???
Could you direct me in the direction of that website?

Thanks

Grif
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 PM

Here you go Grif;
http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike2.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahogriffin
Could you direct me in the direction of that website?

Thanks

Grif

Semper Fi & Ride Safe
VROC 14523
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mike
Thanks you sir!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Red face Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
While installing the engine guard I had to take exhaust loose and found gasket leak in a hard to get to location. After gasket replacement idle smoothed out and enrichment adjustment has smoothed the idle with no popping or backfiring. Bike seems to have a little more torque, but have lost a couple miles per gallon on mileage with significant increase in power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement