Marbling complete??? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hgree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 165
iTrader: (3)
 
Question Marbling complete???

I put in the marbles per Starman's website but scooter seems to be running too rich now like it's flooding down and exhaust has a strong smell and some smoking at low idle. Backfiring and popping has quit and at high RPM it runs great. I had to increase low idle but I didn't want to enrich mixture that seems too rich already. Suggestions????
hgree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 01:03 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)
 
Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgree
I put in the marbles per Starman's website but scooter seems to be running too rich now like it's flooding down and exhaust has a strong smell and some smoking at low idle. Backfiring and popping has quit and at high RPM it runs great. I had to increase low idle but I didn't want to enrich mixture that seems too rich already. Suggestions????
If possible could you post your results I would like to do the same mod. Any help would be great. Does it seem to perform any different?

Grif
1991 VN750
Idahogriffin is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hgree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 165
iTrader: (3)
 
Cool Re: Marbling complete???

I went ahead and drilled out the lead covers and tried the enrichment screws as well as checked for exhaust leaks per the website reccommendations. This corrected the smoking problem. Although it still runs a little rough at idle, highway RPM is alot smoother and more responsive. The deceleration backfiring and popping is all but gone except for an improper downshift around town occasionally when someone ignores your presence there and pulls out in front of you. The rough idle may be caused by something else I am not aware of???
hgree is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)
 
Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgree
I went ahead and drilled out the lead covers and tried the enrichment screws as well as checked for exhaust leaks per the website reccommendations. This corrected the smoking problem. Although it still runs a little rough at idle, highway RPM is alot smoother and more responsive. The deceleration backfiring and popping is all but gone except for an improper downshift around town occasionally when someone ignores your presence there and pulls out in front of you. The rough idle may be caused by something else I am not aware of???
Could you direct me in the direction of that website?

Thanks

Grif
Idahogriffin is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Sgt Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)
 
Re: Marbling complete???

Here you go Grif;
http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike2.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahogriffin
Could you direct me in the direction of that website?

Thanks

Grif

Semper Fi & Ride Safe
VROC 14523
Sgt Mike is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:26 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)
 
Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mike
Thanks you sir!
Idahogriffin is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hgree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 165
iTrader: (3)
 
Red face Re: Marbling complete???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgree
I went ahead and drilled out the lead covers and tried the enrichment screws as well as checked for exhaust leaks per the website reccommendations. This corrected the smoking problem. Although it still runs a little rough at idle, highway RPM is alot smoother and more responsive. The deceleration backfiring and popping is all but gone except for an improper downshift around town occasionally when someone ignores your presence there and pulls out in front of you. The rough idle may be caused by something else I am not aware of???
While installing the engine guard I had to take exhaust loose and found gasket leak in a hard to get to location. After gasket replacement idle smoothed out and enrichment adjustment has smoothed the idle with no popping or backfiring. Bike seems to have a little more torque, but have lost a couple miles per gallon on mileage with significant increase in power.
hgree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome