Please Help. Water from breather - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Angry Please Help. Water from breather

Ok I just picked up a basket case.I Rebuilt the carbs and put it all back togeather.It is a 95 750 Vulcan. It fired up and ran fine yesterday.Today I go out and was going to take it for a ride.This time when it started and after it warmed up a bit water(coolant) started coming out the front breather line hose into the main air inlet duct (air box)..Than the coolant goes into the air filters..I guess that would be a bad head gasket??Any info would be nice..Thanks.Ed

Last edited by bigedusa; 07-01-2015 at 01:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 09:02 PM

Question

Your first post .... Welcome!

I think it would be really odd for a blown head gasket to throw water out at the intake boot, unless an intake valve is also leaking. Or is it the oval duct from the air filter to the surge tank? (airbox)

Need a bit more description to know exactly where you are seeing the water. Maybe take a pic, or find one on the site to help pinpoint the location.

You'll have to make about four more posts before you'll be allowed to post a pic, but you could probably paste a link to one.

Does the oil look like chocolate milk? (if it's getting into the oil)

You can also check the spark plugs to see if they are washed clean due to a blown head gasket. (if it is getting into the cylinder)

I still think if it's forcing water out of the intake boot, you should be seeing at least one of the above signs and/or water/steam out of the exhaust pipes.

Any chance it could be condensation bubbling off? What's your weather like, or how much water are we looking at?

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

The water (coolant) is gushing out the front cylinder breather hose that goes to the front left side of the air box then the water goes to the air filters or ears..

Last edited by bigedusa; 07-01-2015 at 01:09 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:16 PM

Sounds like it must have water in the cylinder too then, because people have posted about gas coming out of the filter when their carb is overflowing and filling the cylinder.

I'd check the oil and spark plugs as described. Could be a blown gasket..... maybe.. possibly.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Sorry it is not the breather hoses on the sides of the motor, one on each side of the cylinders. But it is the breather hose on the front of the front cylinder next to the exhaust port.The hose comes out of the cylinder and goes up to the air box. The water is coming out there then to the air filters through the air box.. A pic would be easer..LOL..

Last edited by bigedusa; 06-30-2015 at 11:03 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:04 PM

Hmmm... that's pretty strange too.

Maybe try to figure out if there's water in the airbox. There's a drain line for the airbox running down the right side of the radiator, make sure it's not clogged.

Maybe I'm not getting the whole picture, but I don't see how this can even happen. (water from the emissions hose) Maybe, if the head is cracked really, really bad.

Not trolling, are you?

2003-21k mi

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Ya. Strange. I don't understand it..With the bike running it is really pumping the coolant out.Then from inside the air box it can run into the air filters.At first I thought it was gas but it is coolant.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

I now have the air filters off and the housings off so you can look right into the air box and see it..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Post Number 5

Now you should be able to post pictures.
Good Luck

New to me 2004 15k Last liscened in 2011. Stock as they come.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

in front cylinder, near the exhaust port. a hose probably 3/8 or 1/2 in diameter? goes to bottom of airbox? that would be the crankcase breather. if your gettting water out of that, I would suspect bad head gasket letting water into the oil at top of head, in which runs down into the crankcase.

check your oil, if its milky you need to fix it asap (and dont run engine). as the oil has become contaminated with water

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement