Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

sticky tappet

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Johnny Fingers 
#1 ·
Hi guys/girls i have a noise coming from the engine and i have been told it's a sticky tappet can anyone give me any idea on how to cure this and will it damage the engine

Thank's

Rob

#2 ·
Johnny Fingers said:
Hi guys/girls i have a noise coming from the engine and i have been told it's a sticky tappet can anyone give me any idea on how to cure this and will it damage the engine

Thank's

Rob
Need more info Rob. What model Vulcan? What year? How many miles? Are your sure it's tappets instead of cam chain noise?

#3 ·
Yep, we need a little more info. My bike has made quite a rattle even after the heavy duty acct springs were installed at the Gathering in Kentucky last summer. One thing I did notice that has helped was to keep my oil level closer to the high/full level, rather than in the middle of the site glass, (i.e. between the low and high marks. If I keep it on the full side the niose level is diminished greatly. But the usual noise is the automatic cam chain tensioner (acct). There are a couple of remedies listed on both of the 750 sites.

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.