Aftermarket cooling fan - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

For Overheating Has Anyone Tried The Water Mist Systems Like They Use On Some Peformance Cars 'saw It On Top Gear' Seamed To Just Be Like A Fine Water Mist Directed At The Radiator When The System Neads The Extra Cooling??????

BEST OF HEALTH AND HAPPYNESS
EDALBRIS

1952 NORTON (MODEL ONE) 'BIG 4'
1955 NORTON DOMINATOR 88/99 CAFE RACER
1981 KAWASAKI Z1000ST SHAFT
1988 KAWASAKI VN750 (UK) HARDTAIL + 5"
1988 KAWASAKI VULCAN 750 (US)

ALL TIME WISHLIST BIKES
1939 BROUGH SUPERIOR SS100 GRAND ALPINE SPORT
ANY 1940ish NORTON WITH CS1 ENGINE
A RIDE ON A NORTON NEMISIS 'A'
NEVER HAD A CAR LICENCE AND HOPFULLY NEVER WILL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

I noticed that too, mine has seven blades as well. The pitch should be different. The more pitch, the more air it will move.
Compare the muzzy to the factory fan (lay one on top of the other) and hold it up at eye level so you can see the angle of the fan blades. If the muzzy is as advertised the blades should be angled more. Let us know what you see!
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Title: Radiator and air cooler mister
Document Type and Number: United States Patent 20060185627
Kind Code: A1
Link to this page:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060185627.html
Abstract: The mister, when installed on a vehicle which is driven by a liquid cooled engine, will provide a mist or flow of water in front of a radiator or air cooler allowing for additional cooling. The mister utilizes a water holding tank, an electric pump, on and off switch, water hose, one way flow valve and special spray nozzle. If the vehicle's temperature rises to an unsafe level the operator can then engage the switch supplying a flow of water to the front side of the radiator or air cooler. The speed of the vehicle or the vehicle's cooling fan will suck the water through the radiator or air cooler which will cool the vehicles engine. Some vehicles employ the use of a Turbo or Super Charger which are used to increase the vehicle's engine performance. Most applications use a similar device as a radiator, an air cooler. The air cooler cools the air before it is circulated into the engine. As the air is being compressed into the engine heat is generated. A mist of water sprayed on the air cooler, (same principal as the radiator) will allow the incoming air to be at a lower temperature. This lower air temperature will help to keep the vehicle's engine cooling liquid at a safe temperature level when the vehicle is being operated under extreme conditions.

EDALBRIS

ALL TIME WISHLIST BIKES

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 01:58 PM

Radiator Mister
$79.95
Radiator Mister’s special spray jet cools the radiator and engine by as much as 20 degrees. Using a mist of cool water, results occur usually within 30 seconds. Our special water tank allows up to 20 minutes of continuous run time. The package contains extra spray jets to place in front of trans coolers, oil coolers, and inter coolers. When mounted in front of the A/C condenser, it cools the radiator and improves the cold air output from your vehicle’s air conditioning. The innovative Radiator Mister is your insurance against overheating in off-road driving, towing, racing, or in stop-and-go traffic.

EDALBRIS

ALL TIME WISHLIST BIKES
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Ok - I compared the muzzy and stock blades. The muzzy blades are almost 50% bigger. Both have cupped blades. The angles of the blades are pretty close but the muzzy blade is flatter. Unless I misunderstand the term, the muzzy blades have less pitch, right?

Next, I'm going to call Muzzy's. I figure one of two things will happen. 1) They will be fully aware that the stock fan has 7 blades but will still insist that their blade flows more air - in which case I'll feel confident enough to use it. Or, 2) They will be confused and unsure - in which case I'll have a fan blade for sale. ;-)

Later, Mark
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Hope this helps your decision. I have the Muzzy blade installed. Yesterday I was off and bored so I took a ride at about 3 in afternoon. Traffic was horrible, waited at 1 light for 20 minutes before getting thru it finally. It was about 90 out. While sitting this post popped in my head so I watched the temp gauge. I never noticed the gauge go above half way mark. The heat that is kicked out when fan turns on is crazy. Just going off of other posts Id say its a big improvement over stock.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

I am going to order one, I really do not believe the stock fan is effecient.
Around here on a 85-90 degree day the pavement is well over 100 so sitting and idling is not good even when the stock fan is running it does not seem to be moving enough air to keep it at normal temps.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Well, I feel better knowing that Tirrell has noticed improvement with the Muzzy fanblade. I get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic every day to and from work so I can use all the cooling help I can get.

Thanks! Mark
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:03 PM

bumper to bumper traffic isn't that the stuff we are supost to spend most of our time riding past. LOL.

EDALBRIS

ALL TIME WISHLIST BIKES
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 11:53 AM

Hello to all,
I had a problem with the fan assy 3 months ago: 2 of the 3 legs of the fan broke and the fan was quite completely destroyed. I went to the dealer who told me that they only have the complete fan assy, for... 400 Euros.
I bought a complete fan assy on ebay for 50 Euro, and bought also a Muzzy fan.
I replaced the broken fan assy with the one bought on ebay mounted with the muzzi fan, and yesterday, I heard a metallic noise from the engine.
I gave a look and saw that the new support was again broken !
I replaced it with the old one (which had been repaired by a friend of mine).
But I don't know why the supports have been broken ???
Any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement