Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

If anyone has used this kit let me know how it is...

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  vroc885 
#1 ·
I couldent figure out what they were talking about the goats belly but i understand now TOO MUCH AREA for the exhaust to go through.. I saw this kit and am wondering if any of you have it and if you are pleased with it.....

#3 ·
I have it on my bike and like it. Gives a good sound to the exhaust.
I also drilled the screen out of the muffler.
Here is the pict of it drilled out.

here is it partialy removed

#4 ·
so the screen is on the engine side of the muffler??

#5 ·
Yes, You will see it when you have the mufflers off.
I would recomend getting new gaskets for the exhaust.
I also Welded the kit into place and did not use the clamps supplied.
They leaked so I redid the install.

#6 ·
Chad are you ok with the reduced oomph on start-up since you degoated? I pulled the goat to put on the Macs, and was astounded - nay, appalled - at the reduced low-end power. So I pulled the Macs (which looked great), sent 'em to Jon, and reinstalled the stock set-up. Is there anything you did to make sure the low-end still had some getupandgo?

#7 ·
I did not notice any loss in power.
By removing the screen there is no back pressure. The exhaust flows free.

#8 ·
ok what about pulling the baffels out of stock mufflers and leaving the goats belly for now what would that do??

#9 ·
I don't know anybody that has tried.
It will help the air flow and might increase the volume of the exhaust a little.
But that is a guess.

#10 ·
the best of both worlds would be get rid of the stock set up on ebay and get a scootswork bypass and have a muffler shop weld a cross pipe so you have an "H" setup, that would get you off the line punch and get a set of harley dyna mufflers for good sound, just have to fab some brackets for the mufflers. J

#11 ·
I had muffler brothers make me a couple of pieces very similar.they look at the goats belly to form the angle.Then I used Dyna mufflers.I didn't notice any power loss.But I don't have the H pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.