V&H question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

V&H question

Just out of curiosity....has anyone ever taken out the baffles to the Cruzers? If so how loud do they get and how much is effected at the low end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 04:12 PM

I did't notice any more loss in low-end torque but it was Loud, im my opinion almost twicw as loud as with baffles. Only had mine out 1 day, but then again I'm not into rattling the neighbors windows at 4:30 in the morning.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Did you take them out before you had them installed? Or did you just reach around with the allen wrench and pop them in/out that way? I heard it was difficult to put them back in...?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:30 PM

i have V/H cruizers & why in the world would you take them out. those pipes are loud enough with the baffles in. in fact went out for 100 miles today and am seriously thinking of getting rid of the pipes and going back to stock. glad i kept the old pipes.

ride safe,......what?!..... RIDE SAFE!!!!!, J
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Did you take them out before you had them installed? Or did you just reach around with the allen wrench and pop them in/out that way? I heard it was difficult to put them back in...?
I removed them via allen wrench but they went back in without to much trouble.........Then I pulled one again and repacked it with some hi-perf stuff (figured more = quieter) it was a $^%#@ to get back in. Didn't bother to repack the second one and it did not sound any different than the factory pack job.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM

I take my baffel's out quit a bit cuz when I go riding with the harley boy with no baffels in she sounds better then some harleys......what I did to make it easy instead of playing around with that allen screw that holds the baffel in I went to home depot and bought two chrome bolts it makes it much easer to get them in and out...........................
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I actually had the local dealer install my Cruzers and when they did, they left the baffles out. I rode down the street and was setting car alarms off on both side of the street and even in front of me. It was rediculously loud, so I took it back to the dealer and asked if they had pulled the baffles out. The service manager told me "of course, nobody wants the baffles in" and I told him I do, I want to keep peace with my neighbors. I am perfectly happy with the the Cruzers sound with the baffles in..........

Stevie D.
Chicago
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
"ya can't live forever"

I just pulled out the packing and re-inserted the metal baffles....loud but not too loud......on a long run it gets a little irritating though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement