Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

crankcase protector cover removal ?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Deviate 
#1 ·
This is an odd one. My newly purchased '97 still has, I'm guessing here, a clear plastic film used for shipping. On the right side crankcase cover. Aside from a few hours of picking at it with my fingernail,anyone have way of removing it?

Thanks ahead for not ripping me a new one if it is too obvious. Just don't want to screw this up since the bike is near mint. Strangely enough, it is identical to the Vulcan in the forum banner.

#2 ·
That is a protective decorative decal. (IMO) My left one kind of came off on it's own and a little help. The right was a Muttha------er! Got tired of looking at it, heard a heat gun does wonders, but did't have one so I used a soldering torch!! Kept it moving and with a little GOOF-OFF it came right off. After that a little metal polish and it shines great.

#4 ·
Try carefully dabbing some acetone or laquer thinner onto it...just at one edge...that will start to dissolve the plastic so you can grab and peel...after that use rubbing alcohol to remove any glue....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.