Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Illinois
So I got some iridiums
This is my continuing adventure of learning about bikes as I've only had mine a week or so. As it turns out I've only replaced half the plugs so far as I don't have the socket yet to do the deep ones. One of the rear plugs i pulled out (champion) was dead, black and the electrode had burned away. This was one of the deep ones and I put one of the better champs in there for now.
As it turns out I now believe I've only been running on the front cylinder. It sounds silly but as I've never had a properly running bike, I had no frame of reference. I never considered it would possibly run on one cylinder. I've now had to cut the idle way back since it was running at 3000 with both cylinders going. It's still a little inconsistent but I figure the other plugs and just running it should help that. I'll be running another tank of Seafoam too since there must be all kinds of crap in there. Changed the oil too since there was almost certainly gas in it.
4/12/12 1st bike ever! 95 VN 750 13k
New plug wires
Coil relay mod
EPA stuff removed
Rear signals shaved
Shinko 170-110 oversized tourmaster tires
Front signals relocated.