Asking advice for installing Jardine exhaust - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Asking advice for installing Jardine exhaust

I bought a Jardine Slash Full Exhaust system for my 750. Haven't seen it yet, but my wife says a large package arrived today, so that must be it.

Anybody put one of these on before and if so, anything I should be aware of before I start the install.

Any advice about removing the existing factory system?

The add said, "Rejetting not required, but recommended." Anybody had experience with this system and did you rejet and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance for any advice. This forum has been very helpful to me and I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM

I have Jardines on my bike. My pipes are one peace from the header to the end for each side, but both end up on the right side.

Take it easy removing the acorn nuts, soak well with PB Blaster or some other penitreating spray so that you do not twist off a stud. Put the bike on the center stand. This will get the center stand out of your way and put the bike in a better position for you to work on it.

You will need new exhaust gaskets. I went to the local Harley dealership and pick up harley gaskets rather than use Kawasaki ones. I do not have the part number handy, but you should be able to find it in the files.

When bolting the pipes back on use some antisieze so you will not have to worry about the header bolts if you need to take the pipes off for something latter on.

Brad
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 PM

I believe the recommended rejet would be moving your mains up a step but I dont think its completely necessary. If after the install the top end doesnt pull as well when warm then rejet.

86 Vn750
Coastered
De-Goated
Ears shaved
"Custom Pipes"
"Custom Seat"
Apes
Stator Mod
Malteese led Turn Signals (Rear)
Paid 750.00$ for her in 2005 w/ 9k
Currently @ 23k and counting

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and pointers guys. I'm heading home tomorrow, not sure if I'll have time to attempt this install this coming weekend, but definitely before Summer is over.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 02:54 AM

after you install your exhaust, make sure you clean off all your fingerprints before you start your bike, use crome polish or something or you might get some discoloration

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't have thought about polishing them before running at that point.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

I decided to go for it yesterday and got the Jardine's installed. It was actually fairly simple, thanks for the advice guys. I used the Harley Crush gaskets, which were, amazingly, less expensive than what my Kawasaki dealer wanted for the Kawasaki gaskets. Took her for a spin and she ran fine. Still "popping" on deceleration, but I think I can fix that by adjusting the carb screws out to 2/5 or so turns. Gotta get the caps off them first though. If that doesn't fix it then I may re-jet.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
I decided to go for it yesterday and got the Jardine's installed. It was actually fairly simple, thanks for the advice guys. I used the Harley Crush gaskets, which were, amazingly, less expensive than what my Kawasaki dealer wanted for the Kawasaki gaskets. Took her for a spin and she ran fine. Still "popping" on deceleration, but I think I can fix that by adjusting the carb screws out to 2/5 or so turns. Gotta get the caps off them first though. If that doesn't fix it then I may re-jet.
Glad to hear the process was successfully uneventful.

Most folks recommend drilling the caps off the pilot screws, however if you have a steady hand, I was able to use a small ball end diamond burr bit from harbor freight in my Dremel tool to grind a hole in the aluminum caps and get a sheet metal screw started in them to pull them out while the carbs were still on the bike. Took about 10 minutes per side...

'98 VN750, Mustang Seat, F&S Engine Guards, Highway pegs, Pro-Tac backrest, Harley 58121-85B windshield lowers, Autometer 3391 voltmeter, ACCT to MCCT, pickup coils at 0.020", Coasters, National Cycle N2220, Vista Cruise Universal, Single Filter Ear Shave, Givi Monokey Sidebag Mounts, Givi E21 side bags, Knifemaker style turn signal relocation, helmet locks relocated.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks abyssdnor, I will have to give that a shot next weekend, now it's back to "Hotlanta" for work and school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement