Seafoam Spray?? Where to putter - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Seafoam Spray?? Where to putter

I bought some seafoam from a local auto store and they only had the spray that is used for 2 and 4 stroke engines and i read the instructions but i dont get it. Anyone use the spray and can show or tell me what i need to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

The Seafoam spray seems to be a fairly new product.
We have all been using Seafoam in a bottle that pours into the tank.

Here is a link to Seafoam`s homepage where you can learn how to use all their products.
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Patriot Guard Rider

Here's a video at Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqs8Q...layer_embedded

1986 Black Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 "Black KAWK"
VN750 #9300 & VROC #33453

EMGO Handlebar, V&H Exhaust, Drop Shocks, Raised/Painted Fork, MeanStreak Seat, Tank Bib, ME880 Oversize Tires, Engine Guard, Custom Mirrors, Chris Products Turn Signals, Ear Shave, 150/42 Jets, PINGEL Fuel Valve, MCCT, Volt Meter, Shendegen R/R, AGM Battery, Coastered, .020 Coils, Relo Gauges & Headlamp, SilverStar Ultra, LED Flashing Brake Light, Center Stand Delete, WOLO Airhorn.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Garage
I'd say if you're having carb problems, then pull the drain screws out of the floats and spray some in there. Other than that, I'm not sure where else unless you pull the ears off and shoot some into the air intake.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmitchy View Post
I bought some seafoam from a local auto store and they only had the spray that is used for 2 and 4 stroke engines and i read the instructions but i dont get it. Anyone use the spray and can show or tell me what i need to do?
I used to use the deep creep on my old KZs as an annual valve treatment. Take the vacuum line/cap off the vacuum port of each carb/manifold and spray 2-3 second bursts through the port. Bikes bogs & smokes like crazy while it's burning up the Seafoam cleaning off your valve heads, but after half a dozen squirts per cylinder, the smokiness mellows out and I call it good.

Doesn't do a dang bit of good if you're trying to clean your carbs though. If you can get to any of the jets to spray them out (and you can pretty easily) - use carb cleaner instead...that's what it's for.

'98 VN750, Mustang Seat, F&S Engine Guards, Highway pegs, Pro-Tac backrest, Harley 58121-85B windshield lowers, Autometer 3391 voltmeter, ACCT to MCCT, pickup coils at 0.020", Coasters, National Cycle N2220, Vista Cruise Universal, Single Filter Ear Shave, Givi Monokey Sidebag Mounts, Givi E21 side bags, Knifemaker style turn signal relocation, helmet locks relocated.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 AM

Could have used the spray on my old Ranger. Throttle body intake was sideways instead of straight down. So when I wanted to shoot some through there, I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap plastic spray bottle. Poured the seafoam in that, and had spray seafoam.

If you do that, be sure to mark the bottle you use as poison. Got little ones in the house that will play with the water spray bottle I keep by the grill.

Global warming? So what if my kids never see a polar bear. I never saw a dinosaur and I'm ok.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Well thats what i tried to do was take the intake off and spray down that but its impossible to spray it 1/4" from the throttle body cause the both meet in the middle and go down a chamber somewheres.... i have an apt to get a service done tuesday ill have to wait cause the bikes not starting now.. I shoulda sold it before this B.S started going wrong.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark88 View Post
I'd say if you're having carb problems, then pull the drain screws out of the floats and spray some in there. Other than that, I'm not sure where else unless you pull the ears off and shoot some into the air intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement