V&H exhaust question... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

V&H exhaust question...

This will be my second bike I'll have her next week. A 2004 750 vulcan. I don't even have her but already am planning on getting the vance and hines for her. The question is do I need to do anything else like re-jetting or can I just do the exhaust? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemoney View Post
This will be my second bike I'll have her next week. A 2004 750 vulcan. I don't even have her but already am planning on getting the vance and hines for her. The question is do I need to do anything else like re-jetting or can I just do the exhaust? Thanks.
Re-jetting is not necessary. adjusting the mixture screws is.

Warning: V&H Cruzers are LOUD!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoIP Doc View Post
Re-jetting is not necessary. adjusting the mixture screws is.

Warning: V&H Cruzers are LOUD!
I take it I need more fuel to the air ratio?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:16 PM

yup// 2.5 is standard.. but you might have to go a bit farther out...3.5 is about the max.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clock152 View Post
yup// 2.5 is standard.. but you might have to go a bit farther out...3.5 is about the max.
Ok I'm a complete novice here.... This will be my 2nd bike and I don't have a clue as how to do this, it sounds fairly simple and easy though!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Also, how will I know which is right?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:40 PM

if its runnig good go with it.. but check you plugs against the pics in the manual.. if its too lean then you know you out to far... start at 2.5 turns out and go from there.. once you have the pulgs out (screw caps on the carbs) its easy to adjust them as needed... if your running strait pipe with no back pressure you may need them a bit farther out than 2.5 turns from all the way in.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Heading to the DARKSIDE!

Yes.....I have the V&H Cruzers with the fiberglas wrap removed on my '86....You will have to open up the air/fuel mix screws....mine are at 3 turns out from seat. You have to do this to stop all the shot gun BLAST popping that you will get. I also recommend coastering the emission system ports and remove the emission system. (IF YOUR IN A STATE WHERE EMISSIONS TESTING DOES NOT HAPPEN!) The emission system on our VN750's are JUNK! The fact that the emissions system injects cold air into the exhaust also causes annoying loud popping to.....and the popping is not COOL popping......It's embarrassing!!!! ( SEARCH THE FORUM FOR "COASTER" OR "COASTERING")......

Last edited by BRET H; 03-30-2011 at 01:41 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRET H View Post
Yes.....I have the V&H Cruzers with the fiberglas wrap removed on my '86....You will have to open up the air/fuel mix screws....mine are at 3 turns out from seat. You have to do this to stop all the shot gun BLAST popping that you will get. I also recommend coastering the emission system ports and remove the emission system. (IF YOUR IN A STATE WHERE EMISSIONS TESTING DOES NOT HAPPEN!) The emission system on our VN750's are JUNK! The fact that the emissions system injects cold air into the exhaust also causes annoying loud popping to.....and the popping is not COOL popping......It's embarrassing!!!! ( SEARCH THE FORUM FOR "COASTER" OR "COASTERING")......
Hey I live in Colorado there's no emmissions here which is why I'm about to do an off road H-pipe on my stang and remove the cat on my envoy... Hmm, I didn't know this about the vulcan though, it's a freaking bike I mean cmon wtf really?!?! Why would they do that? Makes no sense to do emissions for a motorcycle. I'm sure those diesels blowing out black smoke are way worse than a small little engine on a motorcycle!

Last edited by Unclemoney; 03-31-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement