I want more roar - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
\ From the radiator, through the case and out
the exhaust. If it has to do with the cooling,
engine or exhaust, discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Question I want more roar

How can I get more roar from my 86 vulcan cheaply? something simpleI have stock pipes.

Last edited by ssmendez; 02-11-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:22 AM

more sound from your bike

if you go to www.scootworks.com they sell a kit to eliminate the premuffler(the goats belly/premuffler under the battery).it has 2 clamps,2 sections of pipe,some muffler tape,ect. i did it to mine and it sounds great. i get a great rumble from mine. when i take off and hit the gas it sounds like a harley. check it out. go to the shop online section and got to kawasaki and then go to vulcan 750 bypass kit to see it.

Last edited by BatMan; 02-12-2006 at 01:25 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

How much? and thanks

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:39 AM

how much?

the price is 59.99 for the kit.

Last edited by BatMan; 02-12-2006 at 01:41 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMan
if you go to www.scootworks.com they sell a kit to eliminate the premuffler(the goats belly/premuffler under the battery).it has 2 clamps,2 sections of pipe,some muffler tape,ect. i did it to mine and it sounds great. i get a great rumble from mine. when i take off and hit the gas it sounds like a harley. check it out. go to the shop online section and got to kawasaki and then go to vulcan 750 bypass kit to see it.
Batman...where do you live in WA? I'm in Eastern WA near Pullman.

When you did the scootworks kit did you adjust the carbs much?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistle clean
Batman...where do you live in WA? I'm in Eastern WA near Pullman.

When you did the scootworks kit did you adjust the carbs much?
i live in western washington near MT. Vernon. i didnt adjust the carbs at all yet. i need to do that and some other stuff i just havent had the time yet. do you know if they have a jet kit for my bike? i havent seen any,just wonderin if you might know.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
i live in western washington near MT. Vernon. i didnt adjust the carbs at all yet. i need to do that and some other stuff i just havent had the time yet. do you know if they have a jet kit for my bike? i havent seen any,just wonderin if you might know.

I have a good friend who lives in Mt Vernon. His name is David Hardy. He and I met on the www.kawasakimotorcycle.org forums. Since becoming friends we have been on a few rides together. Last summer we went to Red Lodge Montana for the 1st annual Beartooth Kawasaki Get Together and afterward rode to Yellowstone and onto the Tetons and home. We are going again this July for the 2nd annual event. If you are interested in going your more than welcome to come along. My name on the forums is the same as here so if you log on be sure to say hello. The info about the get together is under the Rides/Events/Rallies section there.

I know there are some here who have re-jetted their carbs after doing aftermarket pipes and ear shaving but off hand I don't remember which jets they used. If you check under the Vulcan Versus I think the info may be there. Another member here (Dianna) is knowledgeable and she may be able to help you.

PS I did find this info under the Vulcan Versus section about jetting:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135

Last edited by whistle clean; 02-13-2006 at 12:50 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I have a good friend who lives in Mt Vernon. His name is David Hardy. He and I met on the www.kawasakimotorcycle.org forums. Since becoming friends we have been on a few rides together. Last summer we went to Red Lodge Montana for the 1st annual Beartooth Kawasaki Get Together and afterward rode to Yellowstone and onto the Tetons and home. We are going again this July for the 2nd annual event. If you are interested in going your more than welcome to come along. My name on the forums is the same as here so if you log on be sure to say hello. The info about the get together is under the Rides/Events/Rallies section there.

I know there are some here who have re-jetted their carbs after doing aftermarket pipes and ear shaving but off hand I don't remember which jets they used. If you check under the Vulcan Versus I think the info may be there. Another member here (Dianna) is knowledgeable and she may be able to help you.

PS I did find this info under the Vulcan Versus section about jetting:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135
thank you for the invite and the information. the ride sounds fun .how long are you usually gone for and how much does a guy usually spend on the trip?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
thank you for the invite and the information. the ride sounds fun .how long are you usually gone for and how much does a guy usually spend on the trip?
Your very welcome!

Last summer we were gone 8 days (both took our vacation then) and this july were both going to try for 2 weeks. If you are unable to go for that length of time you could leave when you need to. Of course it's always better if you can travel with others in case of an emergency, etc. I allowed myself $500.00 for the trip and still had some left when I returned home. We did stay in a motel in Red Lodge and in others towns as we traveled but we also took camping gear in case we wanted to camp out. The year before I went by myself on a 10 day vacation and camped in my tent so cost was kept to a minimum. In Red Lodge at the motel we are staying at, they have spots for tents so you wouldn't have to go looking for one if you want to camp.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Your very welcome!

Last summer we were gone 8 days (both took our vacation then) and this july were both going to try for 2 weeks. If you are unable to go for that length of time you could leave when you need to. Of course it's always better if you can travel with others in case of an emergency, etc. I allowed myself $500.00 for the trip and still had some left when I returned home. We did stay in a motel in Red Lodge and in others towns as we traveled but we also took camping gear in case we wanted to camp out. The year before I went by myself on a 10 day vacation and camped in my tent so cost was kept to a minimum. In Red Lodge at the motel we are staying at, they have spots for tents so you wouldn't have to go looking for one if you want to camp.
it sounds like a blast. i would love to go for the ride and the experience. ive never took a long road trip on my bike before.

Do you ever come this way for the annual oyster run in Anacortes,Wa.?
or does your friend in mt.vernon? we went last year and was a blast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement