Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Top rear engine mount

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Jason Pittenger 
#1 ·
I am putting my engine back in the frame, and there is a gap between the two mounts and the block. What am I missing?

#2 ·
#5 ·
I can fit a finger in the gap on either side. Maybe 3/8"? It's considerable. When I try to tighten the rear mount bolt, it only compresses the outer rubber pieces.

#6 ·
Wish I could check mine, but still housebound. Seems like there's a gap though. If the rubber does compress, that's the isolation of vibration. It the gap would close, you would feel a lot more vibes.

Just follow torque spec and don't over-tighten to try and close the gap.

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I don't have the 16073 washers. I have no recollection or pictures of ever having them. I cannot find the washers anywhere! Pictures online show them as a red/pink color, and the description calls them "insulators".

That's going to transfer a lot of heat into the rubber mounts if I don't have them...

That bolt was also installed from the left side when I bought the bike.

I did discover I had 92075A instead of 92075B in that location. That reduces the gap but doesn't eliminate it.

#12 ·
Suspense was killing me so I managed to get to the garage.

Couldn't get a good look at the right side, but on the left side there's a gap you can stack two nickels or three dimes in it.

My top rear bolt comes through from the left, but I think I just decided to do it that way, don't remember why. Easier to get the air ratchet onto the nut, maybe.

#13 ·
I ended up putting some grade 8 washers in there to fill the gap. Without it, it wasn't wanting to reach 33 ft lbs without severely distorting the mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.