Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Water Impeller Shaft Nut

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  VN750Rider/Jerry 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced the nut that holds the impeller on to the impeller shaft? What size and thread pitch nut does it take? My nut is completely rusted out. Thanks!

#2 ·
If you go to one of the multiple parts sellers websites you can look up an "exploded" view of the item you are trying to work on. It should also have a complete listing of all the items needed and full descriptions that will have the nut requirements. Good luck.

#3 ·
https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a9864ef8700218fcc088b4/radiator

It's part #92015. DO NOT cheap out and use a hardware store nut. The nut itself is cheap enough, don't be surprised if the shipping is $10. You might get lucky and be able to still get one from a dealer. Check the other parts and see if there is more damage. Someone probably ran faucet water with a lot of calcium chloride in the cooling system. ONLY premixed motorcycle specific coolant and distilled water should ever be used in the cooling system.

#5 ·
A hardware store nut is not designed to run in coolant. I'm surprised an oem nut rusted, but like I said, someone probably put something corrosive in the cooling system. Also, I believe that is a flanged nut, and if so you cannot get those at the hardware store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.