Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Step by step timing

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Will750 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Im sure this has been covered many times before but everytime i search for instructions on setting the timing most threads are over complicated for me to figure out. Lol. So here is my story. Upon setting the timing on my rebuilt engine i procceded to set the timing on the front cylinder. Which went fine and all marks lined up correctly. Then this is where i royaly messed up i think. I procceded to set the timing on the rear cylinder now the way i done this was i just moved the Rotor back enough to line up the timing marks. Now from what i can gather this is wrong and i should have rotated the rotor a full revolution and then set the timing by lining up the marks. Is this the correct way to do it. A step by step would be very much appreciated. As i am not a mechanic or an engine builder. Im just a normal guy trying tho keep an old bike alive. Its 1986 by the way. I would be very grateful for any help on this matter.

#2 ·
the exact process is listed in the factory manual, which is available for download from a member of this forum, is it Spockster? or Knifemaker? or ?

im sure they will pop in and the link is in their signature.

and yes, its not as easy as rotating it in reverse if I recall (I have only read the process, not actually having done it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.