Another problem yet again
Ok so to start off my bikes fan is hooked to a switch that I manually have to turn on. Some reason today I forgot to flip it on since I was riding around town on such a hot day at speeds mainly under 40 mph....
well I noticed my voltage meter hooked to my bike was flashing at me. It would drop 7-10v and flash that means it’s not charging.
I just put a new R/R on couple days ago but heard a slight crackling sound maybe? Kinda like running a car over a freshe paved road and the tar coming up and smacking the vehicle is what it sounded like.
Well any how that lead me to pull over and look everything over, that’s when I noticed my fan switch was off and my battery was not charging. I went straight home and sure enough once I shut it off battery was to dead to crank it back over...
It looks to me my bike was running hot? I will upload a picture if someone could let me know if I was overheating to bad or not? As I’m not familiar with the bike yet.
I went to wiggle the wires on R/R to insure no loose wires and my finger hit the R/R and burnt the **** out of me. It’s was pretty damn hot! No possible way to hold it in your hand without wanting to drop it. Sooo did I just fry my new R/R from bike getting hot? Pic uploaded the needle was actually behind the little thermostat/heat marking before I got home. In the picture it shows on front/on it