Mutazu GA Hard saddlebags on Kawasaki F&S bag supports - Page 9 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 09:31 PM
KAT

I picked up a set for $25.00 a couple months ago, couldn't believe they were that cheap but they were, got them on EBay as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 PM

nice. where can i get the rear rack ?
thank you

kawasaki KSR110 11'
kawasaki Z750 11'
kawasaki versys 1000 12'
kawasaki vulcan 750 91'
KTM duke 200 12'
KTM 690 SMCR 13'
Ducati monster 796 13"
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Viking Bags

I too purchased the F&S saddlebag kit from ebay and installed a set of Viking Bags. I highly recommend the Viking Bags. The price is excellent and the initial quality is very impressive. I've only had them on for a week so can't attest to the long term quality yet but they seem well made and I expect they will weather well.

With a discount on the Viking website the bags cost me about $140 shipped and received them within 3 days. With the $40 spent on the saddlebag kit the bags cost me about $180 to install. I debated using the Mutazu bags as started this long thread and also considered the GIVI E21N's. But decided on the Viking Warrior medium size. Except for the helmet locks the install was easy. I ended up having to cut and break off the helmet locks as I just could not get the screws out. They stripped and my efforts to work them out created only cuss words and frustration.

The Viking Bags come with four holes pre-drilled for a hard mount. Unfortunately they were not lined up correctly for the F&S kit so I had to drill another hole on each bag. They provide rubber plugs to fill the holes not being used. There is a clip on the bottom that I used to secure the bottom of the bags by using two cable ties on each side.

I like the look of the bag. It is not too big but is sufficient to carry most things on a short commute. I will attach another bag for longer trips when needed.

My VN is a 2006 model. I added shorter bars with a genmar riser and after market mirrors. A National Cycle Flyscreen is installed and I have the rear luggage rack.

Just thought I would share my experience with the group. I haven't posted before but often look at the site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03825.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	23138   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03826.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	23146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03823.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	23154   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03821.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	23162  

post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 01:05 AM

Hey sloppy i was just wondering were you bought that chrome bracket and the support kit from i cant find them anywhere
Thanks
----matt
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 04:02 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 314mmolnar View Post
Hey sloppy i was just wondering were you bought that chrome bracket and the support kit from i cant find them anywhere
Thanks
----matt
youre not going to find them.. Kawasaki Fire and Steel dropped them a few years a go... Butt.. you can find them used on Ebay or from members here

here is another set on eBay right now that is the whole NOS mounting bracket kit

Last edited by slimvulcanrider; 10-15-2016 at 04:04 AM.
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 12:33 PM

Garage
Great job! I ordered the saddlebag supports (got them for $53.00 on ebay). Where did you get the luggage rack?
post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Garage
I purchased a saddle bag support kit to put hard bags on the bike. It involved removing the rear blinkers and helmet locks - 4 Phillips head screws - 3 of which were hopeless frozen, promptly stripped, and had to be drilled out. I became impatient and broke a bit in the last one. Getting that cobalt bit out was a treat. Then I assembled the brackets, measured twice and drilled holes once for the bags, put it all together, only to find that the bolts they supplied are just a hair too short. They are metric and bolt into existing threads on the bike's rails so I couldn't just replace them with a standard bolt and nut and I couldn't find the correct metric bolts anyplace local. I had to order them from (believe it or not) "Bolt Depot." Did you know there was a place called Bolt Depot? I didn't. It should be easy to finish once I get my delivery from Bolt Depot in 3 to 7 days. Given my childish need for immediate gratification, this was painful. There is a blizzard coming to the north east this week, at least I can take solace in the fact that I will not be riding anyway.
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:09 PM

Garage
Hi RPR. The bags look terrific. Where did you get the luggage rack? I looked for them but can't find anyone who says it will work on the 750.
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:00 PM

Garage
On the advice of a few members I checked Cycletrader looking for a bike for sale with a luggage rack and found a gentleman in California selling a non-functioning 750 for $300.00. He sold me the luggage rack for $75.00.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement