Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Refined Cycle Forwards

I have been looking for floorboards or highway peg or forward controls for a while. The riding position of the factory peg placement was just a little cramped for me. I build some custom boards (mounted some vn800 or 1500 boards that I bought from Wolfie to our factory pegs) and cut up a brake and shifter pedal and extended them. (Pictured below) Even added in springs to compensate for the added weight and torque. It worked really well, but I was still a little jammed up. It moved my feet forward about 4". Right as I was about to pay $400 to get it all chromed I ran across the Refined Cycle forwards. They move your feet forward 6.5". They are great! They are expensive, but I found them on eBay for much cheaper. Check out their site refinedcycle.com. the website says that their forwards don't work with most engine guards, but clearly I made it work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0430171351_Film3_1494190910703.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	37345   Click image for larger version

Name:	0430171351c_Film3_1494190943807.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	37353   Click image for larger version

Name:	0818161610_HDR_1494191873437.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	37361  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 11:50 PM

Have seen a few sets of those go dirt cheap on ebay, posted them here some time last year, under $100. I thought maybe they were discontinuing them and dumping the stock. A couple of their auctions ended early and then got relisted, so I don't know what was going on there. Haven't seen any for a while, but haven't been watching as close.

Retail is something around $400-600, right?

Should be perfect for anyone needing legroom.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yea, I think they list on the website for $390 for the base pieces. that doesn't come with foot peg. I got a set of foot pegs from them and one extended toe peg. so for my set up it would cost about $440. They have a few other options that I am sure could get the price up to the $600 range. I think you can get them black powder coated and they have a set of floorboards and larger pegs you can choose from too. Honestly for me, if I had not already spent the money for the Mustang seat, I probably wouldn't bother. These forwards made a way bigger impact than the seat did. I am 6'0" tall, so they may be a little to far for some and not far enough for others, but they move your feet farther than any other options I have seen and its magic!

I believe the guy I spoke with said they weren't selling well. "I guess tall people don't ride 750s" he said.

either way, I have a set now and really like them. If some one finds this thread, they know where to look. If i got the last ones, sorry!

Drew
'03 VN750 a little over 4300 miles
Spline lube
F&S Rear blinker relocation
F&S Luggage rack
Saddlebags
F&S Extended backrest
Mustang seat
F&S Engine guard
Plexifairing 3 windshield
KM style dash
LED everything + additional brake lights &
LED plate bolts

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Not bad...they look good. Jardine foreword controls went for about $750.00

At one time I considered making up a pair, but I needed a donor to send me set to copy from. Got no volunteers... I figured I could make them for under $200.

And you never know, I might come up with a pair in two years when I retire.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Garage
Wow, I've gotta get a set of these. Currently priced pretty well on ebay. And yeah, I'm a tall guy who rides a 750. I'm 6'3". I've had my bike for a week. The pegs aren't killing me, because I basically just get my feet on the pegs and keep them there as much as possible. My riding position isn't uncomfortable, but the idea of moving my feet forward over 6 inches sounds fantastic. This would really be a great move to make my bike fit me better. And it would make me safer also. I avoid moving between the ground and the pegs as much as I can, but that's an important move to be comfortable with. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement