Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Aftermarket handlebars. Post pics

10K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Spockster 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new set of bars, but can't envision what they would look like. Anyone with non stock bars please post them and what size they are. I'm thinking about some chrome drag bars with 1" of lift for myself. Ive included a pic but i cant figure out what theyd look like.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
When I bought my 2006 it came with bars similar to that. Actually they looked like they could have come off a dirt bike or something. They are on the bike in my signature picture but can't really see them. I'll try to find a picture.

I ended up changing them to stock bars. They felt good for a short ride and in turns - but I was reaching forward and wide all the time - was wearing out my back.

#8 ·
I'd like to see the apes once installed. Also wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of your bike. I'm liking the tan seat.

#10 ·

Attachments

Reactions: eusjma
#11 ·
You actually only need one throttle cable. The one that opens the throttle. The other one is useless. Some claim it is a safety device, I see it as a safety hazard. It could prevent the throttle from closing if the other cable breaks. I have run one throttle cable for over 100,000 miles with no problems. You also get improved throttle feel. I would get custom cables from Motion Pro. They can make anything, in the exact length you want it.

#12 ·
You don't need tread on your tires either (unless it rains)
I've cautioned you before Jerry about telling members (especially new ones) that they don't need both throttle cables. And I don't care if you have gone a million effen miles on your bike with "no problems" . That's the same logic as saying you've never been in an accident so you don't "need" to wear a seatbelt.

The return cable IS considered a safety item. If your pull cable binds up, or the return spring breaks, it allows you to close the throttle quickly. It's there for a reason and if you don't think you need it, that's your opinion and your choice, but I've already warned you before about suggesting to new members they don't need it.
Please note this the last time I'm going to talk to you about this.

#13 ·
Nice little side benefit to losing the windshield and high bars, my economy went from 45 to 55mpg.
I can also comfortably put my feet back on the passenger pegs.

#14 ·
I have a theory that bars like post #7-8, and 9 would help a lot with my seat problems. Even drag bars.

Body angled forward should put less tailbone into the step on the seat.

I'll test this by adjusting my bars forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.