What cables should i get?(short bars) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

What cables should i get?(short bars)

Ok so i know a few of you guys have switched to drag bars and other shorter bars, and i need new cables and am wondering what cables i should get. The bars i have are clubmans("upside down" cafe bars) measurements are:

Width: 27.5"
Rise: 4.75"
Pullback: 4.5"
center: 6.5"

I put on 1 1/8" risers, i've seen people who switched to bars like these and drag bars say they used a clutch cable from a KZ1000 and i'll be ordering that since i just snapped my cable trying to hook it back up at the handle bars(20 year old cable so it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway.) Im going to TRY and figure out a reroute for the throttle cables since they are binding up at a bend just above the headlight causing the throttle to stick and not snap shut, but im thinking i should replace those aswell and am wondering what cables i should get.

Thanks for the help.

1996 VN750
V&H pipes
HID headlight
Ear shave
Clubman Bars
Matte black plasti-dip "paint" job.

Last edited by yousername; 01-28-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:29 AM

cables

this post might be late but if u havent got cables yet motion pro cables are a little longer then stock and are adjustable i put them on my 94 750 with stock bars and they are almost too long had to adjust the hell out of em but they r good quality and not to hard on the pocketbook
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 07:00 AM

I have no risers on my drag bars. If u don't mind the cables sticking forward a bit, you won't need to replace them. Here's how mine looks.the cables stick out and bend to the curve of the head light.

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B...0wUk83M3M/edit

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 12:21 PM

awesome
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Sam.

Garage
Love them!

[quote=ridgegilt;932689]I have no risers on my drag bars. If u don't mind the cables sticking forward a bit, you won't need to replace them. Here's how mine looks.the cables stick out and bend to the curve of the head light.

Ridgegilt, could you tell me what those bars are? Link maybe? I love the way those bars look and especially with no risers, they look made for the bike. Great looking bike with the 900 seats installed. I'm waiting for my meanstreak seat I purchased so come in the mail! I can't wait to fab that baby on my 94 vn750 and lose that stock seat.

"Every Man Dies, But Not Everyone Man Really Lives." -William Wallace-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement