Seven Zero Seven Helmet Communicator - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
'03 VN750 "Rosie"

Seven Zero Seven Helmet Communicator

I went to Cycle Gear today and picked up a new Bilt Demon Helmet. I was thinking about one of their Bluetooth Integrated helmets but I flinched at the $399 price tag. I was looking at some less expensive ones when my wonderful wife walked up with a helmet bluetooth kit on sale for $79.99. I got it with the helmet and put it on at home. It's a Seven Zero Seven "Contact" Helmet Communication System.

Installing it in the helmet wasn't too difficult once I got the speakers in the right place where they weren't pressing on my ears. It required a screwdriver to attach the mount to the helmet. Pairing it with my phone was easy. While riding I had my wife call me and the sound on my end was loud and clear, but a little tinny; I'm not sure it would do justice to music, but I'm rather picky about music. my voice back home was clear and not obscured by wind or bike noise at 55 mph. I also had her send me a text so I could do voice texting back, and it worked. Keep in mind it doesn't work for initiating a call or text, just answering; to place a call you need to hold a phone it your hand and push the buttons, then this system can take over. Overall I would recommend it for the price.

'03 VN750 "Rosie"
Purchased in June 15, 2010
Windshield
Lubed Splines
Lubed and Adjusted Clutch Cable, Throttle Cables.
Relocated Voltage Regulator
Brakes Bled
Luggage Rack
Lazy Rider Bag
Leather Saddle Bags
Legitimate Title!! (finally!) Aug 30, 2010
New AGM Interstate Battery Sept 15, 2012

2008 Hyosung GV250 (sold!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Is that a full face helmet?

Calling out can depend on the phone you have. iPhones have voice dialing...if you have a "activate phone" button on your Bluetooth device. If not, you can do this on the phone by holding down just one external button.(not too hard to do while riding)

I plan on getting a mount for my phone anyway...so I can use the GPS feature and listen to music I've downloaded.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:47 AM

this is what i use. it does fine with a half helmet but it's only good for music with a full face.
http://m.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS730

2003 kaw vn 750 pushing 40,000 miles.
tp stator
dampers
coil relay mod
other stuff not listed
mustang seat
motorcycle repair at a stealership 1 million bucks, repairs with the help of the Vulcan750 forum priceless.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 09:42 AM
2014 KLR 650!

Believe it or not, tis actually works when you have a windshield. Works on my open face as well and better in my full helmet. Plus it is the best sounding out there and loud as sht. SORRY! Just saw your post. I use mine with my half helmet for music and it blows my head off. I listen to Mark Levin riding in every morning. Your phone must be low.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...etooth+headset

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Old Fart

Garage
^ Those look cool, but guessing useless as a passenger intercom, which is the option I need covered first.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfoot2001 View Post
Believe it or not, tis actually works when you have a windshield. Works on my open face as well and better in my full helmet. Plus it is the best sounding out there and loud as sht. SORRY! Just saw your post. I use mine with my half helmet for music and it blows my head off. I listen to Mark Levin riding in every morning. Your phone must be low.

I'd say it would work better if i actually found a way to mount it inside my full face. it does rock as far as music. it's around my neck with my jacket covering it with just the ear buds run up through my helmet. do you have it inside your full face? i love listening to mark he is one of my favorite reporters.

2003 kaw vn 750 pushing 40,000 miles.
tp stator
dampers
coil relay mod
other stuff not listed
mustang seat
motorcycle repair at a stealership 1 million bucks, repairs with the help of the Vulcan750 forum priceless.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 PM
2014 KLR 650!

The end is uncovered enough and cose enough to be heard to the point that they seem to hear me better than I hear them and most times they don't know I'm on the bike. I have a harley so go figure.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
'03 VN750 "Rosie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Is that a full face helmet?

Calling out can depend on the phone you have. iPhones have voice dialing...if you have a "activate phone" button on your Bluetooth device. If not, you can do this on the phone by holding down just one external button.(not too hard to do while riding)

I plan on getting a mount for my phone anyway...so I can use the GPS feature and listen to music I've downloaded.
Its a modular helmet. The phone system has 2 mics; a stick-on mic for a full face helmet and a boom for open face or modular helmets.

The phone button is just for answering incoming calls. My Windows phone does voice dialing but I still have fish it out of my pocket and take a glove off to push the button.

'03 VN750 "Rosie"
Purchased in June 15, 2010
Windshield
Lubed Splines
Lubed and Adjusted Clutch Cable, Throttle Cables.
Relocated Voltage Regulator
Brakes Bled
Luggage Rack
Lazy Rider Bag
Leather Saddle Bags
Legitimate Title!! (finally!) Aug 30, 2010
New AGM Interstate Battery Sept 15, 2012

2008 Hyosung GV250 (sold!)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 05:51 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfoot2001 View Post

interesting. but if these use "ear buds", then they are not "legal", here in Ohio.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Laws never stopped me. They are not "legal" here either I believe, but I've never met or heard of anyone getting a ticket for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement