Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

custom highway pegs

16K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I have found the solution to the endless search for highway pegs for our bikes! These highway pegs are slim line and foldable, fully CNC machined, and made specifically for the VN 750! This pair is made of mild steel and stainless hardware. All future sets are to be made of stainless complete and the pegs are chrome plated. Installation is super simple (takes 10 minutes). Simply remove the old engine mount bolts on one side, bolt on your highway peg with the new bolts, and tighten down. When you move to the exhaust side, you do have to remove the pipe and foot control bracket to get to the bolts. These are for sale for $60 a set shipped, that includes the foot pegs, brackets, and all needed hardware. I have a 30 inch inseam and they give me the perfect amount of stretch for long hauls. Please feel free to email me for requesting a set or questions. Thanks for checking these out!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I really like Woodydh's brackets, they are simple and elegant.

If you don't have a machine shop at your disposal, I noticed that Harley FXR or Dyna-glide highway brackets are about the same as Ccspinner's and go for $30-$40 on Ebay. I just picked up a chrome set for $37 with shipping (see here). It looks like I will have to drill new holes to match the frame mounts on the VN750.

#4 ·
Post pics when ya get em installed?

And CC ya might wanna remind us what you charge for yours. Nothing wrong with a little competition. Eventually I'll get around to hacking out my own. At this rate I can never sell the vulcan cause I'll have it too customized.

#7 ·
I have a 29 inch inseam and am guessing that these will work for me. I would like to order a set. How do I proceed?

Rodd

vn750@marlee-farm.name

#8 ·
Not sure if you are refering to woodydh`s or Ccspinner`s bracket.

woodydh`s last post on the forum is just over 2 years ago, but you could click on his name, then click on "send email" to see if he resonds.

Ccspinner is still active on the board and will likely see this post. You could also send him a PM or email.

lance 328 also makes a bracket based on Ccspinners design.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9987

Note the Kuryakyn offset peg in lances pics. It can rotate around to accomodate various length of inseam and height from the road.

#11 ·
This is an old thread and he hasn't posted since 2008.Wolfie makes forward controls he might make highway pegs as well.since this is your first post why don't ya introduce yourself in the newbie section

#14 ·
How about a proper introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading plus letting us know which person you want to make contact with? I understand this is your first post but there is a proper way to reply and a proper way to do a short basic intro. Welcome any way.

#22 ·
This should be called the Lazarus thread...Hahahaha. Now, with that said, I need some stinking pegs for my bike. But a 34" inseam doesn't go well with most of the ones I see. Soooooooo....has any one gotten the Kuryakyn type? They make a 2" version and a 3.5" version. I am thinking the 2" mounted to the crash bar would be enough for me. Any thoughts or ideas?

And I need to get ahold of this Wolfie guy. Need some forward controls. Ya know height-while thoroughly enjoyable most of the time-does have a few drawbacks. Not many, but a few.

#23 ·
Pm me a email caddy and ill get it to Wolfie

#31 ·
Hahahahahaha. Might try that tomorrow. Kinda dorky looking though I think. I have the week off so I am going to piddle with it some. Be outta town several days though. I'll figure something out for sure.

And I gotta level the floorboards somehow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.