Motorcycle Riders Club of America - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Riders Club of America

Has anybody heard of this club? I got some information in the mail inviting me to join but wasn't sure if its a scam or not. They claim if you join you will get to do product testing and then get to keep the products after filling out a survey. Anybody have experience with them?

http://www.motorcycleridersclubofamerica.com/home.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Calif Rider

Google the name, then go to page four. Then the one 5th from the bottom has a little on the club. Like one guy said sounded like the handyman magazine offer. Looks like another motorcycle club like ours, and sight is about the same.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs
home made fork wind deflectors
coil pickups adjusted.
Kenda kruz tires 110/90 170/80
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

The site says:

Sign up today to become a product tester for your chance to receive cool new motorcycle gear -- free.

So, just because you sign up, doesn't mean you WILL get free gear, but ya MIGHT.

Could be on the up and up though. I couldn't find anything that mentions dues or cost to join. Did the letter you got say anything about that???

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
American Motorcyclist Association

The only legit group that I know of is the AMA ~ American Motorcyclist Association. Here is the link to their website: http://www.amadirectlink.com/index.asp. I'm not a member, but I've thought about joining. (Is anyone else out there a member?!)

According to the website: Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts. The AMA focuses on rights, riding and racing through its government relations work, by sanctioning road and off-road riding activities and overseeing professional and amateur racing events.

The AMA's headquarters is in Pickerington, OH (near Columbus) ~ it's also the location of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum (http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org ~ check out the photo of Rush drummer Neil Peart and his BMW).

EZC

Last edited by EasyRector; 01-10-2008 at 02:14 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:51 PM

I got this same mailing earlier this week. Somewhere in all the stuss it said the cost was a dollar a month. I'm going to send it in, but I'll think again once they actually want $$.

It did come with a "Start Seeing Motorcycles" bumber sticker for the back window of the shell on my truck!

Someone like Ride Gear or Newenough must have sold their customer list to these guys.

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

yeah, they said "don't worry about sending money cause its so cheap its easier to just bill you." Then on the back it does say its about $1 a month for dues. I wanted to try it but that wordng just made me kinda suspicious. Also, you win either a road map book or a rainsuit or both for joining...just so happens I "won" both. Guess I am just skeptical of this kind of stuff...I always go with the if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Sounds like the $12 is for the magazine, and then they send you some stuff to sample. If its true you can cancel at anytime i guess it might be worth a shot.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRector View Post
The only legit group that I know of is the AMA ~ American Motorcyclist Association. Here is the link to their website: http://www.amadirectlink.com/index.asp. I'm not a member, but I've thought about joining. (Is anyone else out there a member?!)

According to the website: Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts. The AMA focuses on rights, riding and racing through its government relations work, by sanctioning road and off-road riding activities and overseeing professional and amateur racing events.
I was a member of the AMA until I came to realise that their claims of "unparalled history of pursuing, protecting" blah blah blah is mostly self serving talk. The AMA with it's vast membership has the potential of being the #1 motorcycle rights organization in the world and yet they do nothing to support motorcycle rights except claim victory when groups like the MRF and state ABATE's win battles. The AMA's board is made up of 50% regional representatives and 50% manufacturers rep's. This make up has resulted in the AMA fighting for the rights of Harley and Honda and leaving the American motorcyclist feeling abused by the EPA and the safetycrats. Now, a few people running for regional board positions have realized that the AMA is nothing but a rubber stamp for the self serving manufacturers and are trying to get elected to effect change, but that change is years away. In the mean time, the AMA still claims to support your RIGHTS while working against your rights behind closed doors.

If you want bang for your buck, join the MRF. If you want a flashy monthly mag and a patch for your jacket, then the AMA is your group. The MRF carries the water and the AMA takes the credit. Sound familiar???

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog485 View Post
If you want bang for your buck, join the MRF. If you want a flashy monthly mag and a patch for your jacket, then the AMA is your group. The MRF carries the water and the AMA takes the credit.
Thanks for the info. I have no experience whatsoever with biker groups.

EZC

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
BVP

I received the mailing from the Motorcycle Riders Group of American, sent it in and have been receiving their magazines for about nine months now. The mags are pretty good, I have been sent one item to test and keep. They will try to get you to go for a life membership with all kinds of other goodies, but I turned that down (a little expensive). They sent me a nice rain suit as part of my membership. So far I have been happy with what I have received as a member. They have the mags at some stores, so you can check them out; the member issues have an expanded member section. Like I said not bad for the basic price.

Bob
Lompoc, CA
96 VN750 Red/Black
Dyna Mufflers
Cheap Windshield
33+K miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement