Highway pegs on engine guard question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Highway pegs on engine guard question

So, been looking thru previous threads after I obtained an engine guard from Ndr to try to find a suitable set of highway pegs.

Asbrand seems to have a Wingerline guard, and in pics I saw he was using a set of less expensive universal pegs bolted right to the bar - I can get a set like I see in the pics from $25 to $35 locally, depending on style.

Chuck A. seems to have a F&S guard, like I just got, and he's using a set of the Kuryaken ones that go for like $110.

I'm assuming - from the look of the pics - that the Wingerline bar extends out laterally much further, so we get the proper comfort offset from the existing pedals? And if I used the inexpensive universal pegs on a F&S it wouldn't really offer the comfort of a proper setup?

I'm 6'1" and 260lbs if it makes a difference. Thoughts/opinions? Modification fever is starting to bite into my wallet, and if I can do things less expensively (without access to a metal fabrication shop) I'd like to go that route. But spending $35 for something that won't work for me isn't optimal, either. Thanks!

"wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore - you have to hit them with a sledgehammer. and then you'll notice you have their strict attention"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
The cheaper pegs will work just fine on the KF&S bar... that is what I ran for a few seasons before getting hit with the chopper bug
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 09:57 AM
2014 KLR 650!

Gota have highway pegs. Man, that is the key to comfy cruising.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 PM

I'm having some trouble finding highway pegs as well..

I have the engine guard on my bike but If i put pegs on it my heels will be riding on the control levers, size 15 has a hard time fitting.

'04 Vulcan 750 27k+
My first ride- June 2013 @ 22k miles
Stator replaced 27k

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education"- Mark Twain.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 08:35 AM

Hey i have size 13-14's..and i just fabricated and welded a set of pegs on my highway bar. Its not pretty, but its functional and built for me...... love them!! Especially when my last set of hi $ Kur's broke and fell off after hitting a set of RR tracks. Yes welding is a commitment.....but ... you can always get a new crash bar.

"95 FrankenBike 750VN
Jetted/Coastered/Shaved
Chopped/Bobbed
Splines Lubed
Tank Kreemed
Drag Bars w/risers
Instrument cluster customized
Frame powder coated
Engine/exhaust blacked
Seat recovered
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Some of the cheaper highway pegs may difficult to tighten the clamp enough to prevent turning/slipping around the engine guard pipe when riding. You might try shimming it with a wrap of inner tube rubber, or electrician's tape. Alternatively drill a small hole through clamp strap and pipe, then lock the peg in place with a screw.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

thanks all - took the advice and I will try the less expensive ones first. Already have an old tire inner tube ready to cut up to put between the bar and the peg clamps - that's my project for later this week/weekend while I come up with a priority list for mods I want to do to the bike.

Once again I'm very happen I found this place, we've got a bunch of friendly knowledgeable and helpful people here, and I greatly appreciate that.

"wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore - you have to hit them with a sledgehammer. and then you'll notice you have their strict attention"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement