Music - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Music

I was thinking about putting a sound system on my bike,just wondering what speakers and sound sytem anyone has? can you use a ipod or mp3 player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 AM

My wife's boss has a satalite radio on his Goldwing. I have one in my truck, and my opinion is tinkering with a radio and flipping channles is dangerous on a motorcycle.

An Ipod MIGHT be ok, but I am thinking the music could be too much of a distraction, I dont know. I think an Ipod would probably be ok on a long interstate ride but I wouldnt recommmend it in town, on short trips, or on any technical / curvey roads.

You'll probably hear different opinions from others here. Just sharing my thoughts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 AM

I use a mp3 player in 1 ear. Im pretty sure here in VA its illegal to use in both. Ilike it cause I still hear whats going on but also get music. I have a portable xm mifi, but reception seemed to be a problem. That might be solved using a ram-mount, but I think sitting so low there is just too much to block reception. All of the speaker setups Ive seen for bikes seem to cost way to much. Or at least way too much for my budget.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 AM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
I have Rumbel Road speakers and plug in my Ipod.
Easy and good sound, I use it alot almost every ride unless I am just going to the store.
http://www.mhinstruments.com/products/rr_premium.htm
They have built in amps in the speaker.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

As for earphones (ear buds, whatever ya want to call them) here in PA, the only earphones you can have are for communication. NOT music.
But you can have speakers like those Chad mentioned. I believe most all those types of speakers will work with MP3 and Ipod players.
I had thought about having music when I ride, but I'm perfectly happy with the rumble rumble rumble... pop pop pop music my bike makes. And when I stop for a smoke, I just use the music on my cellphone.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 PM

http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Equ...07-MSFlogo.pdf

A PDF file that has all the info you need for required and prohibited equipment.

2001 VN750
Vista Cruise Control
V-Force shield
Kawasaki Saddlebag supports
Fixed trunk hinge
TOC MCCT
Clear Alternatives LED tail light
Knifemaker style floorboards
Knifemaker style dash
Avon Venom X 110/90 Front
Avon Venom X 170/80 Rear
Big Crank AGM battery
25,100 miles as of 04/20/2010
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

i'd love to have some tunes on my bike! so what kind of music does everyone like to listen to? me? i'm a metal head! as i write this, i've got Iron Maiden playing.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
i'd love to have some tunes on my bike! so what kind of music does everyone like to listen to? me? i'm a metal head! as i write this, i've got Iron Maiden playing.
Mostly Classic Rock for me. Also Blue Grass, some country (older stuff) and Blues.
I can listen to most anything....except rap.
I've even been to a couple of a buddies Death Metal shows. Although, I couldn't understand one thing he was (as they call it) 'Growling', but it had a heck of a beat to it!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 PM

I'm a vet heli pilot, so I'm used to listening to the vehicle sounds as a sort of 'keeping the finger on the pulse' - only God knows how many times that saved me from serious mechanical problems or getting stranded somewhere... For that reason alone, I'd strongly advise against in-ride aural distractions like music or radios. Then again, most people probably aren't as used to listening to machine as I am...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 AM

When I ride, I usually listen to my iPod. Here in FL it's legal to have speakers mounted in your helmet, it's not legal to use ear buds. (the speakers need to be 'mounted' in the helmet, not your ears.

I've seen lots of folks say it's bad to listen to music, but I find once I put a helmet on I can't hear much of anything else anyway, and I don't play the music at full volume, so I'm still aware of my surroundings.

As for what I listen to, it's a very mixed collection, but mostly classic rock, some Motown, and others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement