Passenger Helmet Opinions - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Passenger Helmet Opinions

So I've been riding enough that i think i might be comfortable taking passengers soon, and while helmet shopping for myself was easy (well not really, but i was able to get something akin to my tastes) I'm not sure where to start for the invisible unknown passenger.

Notably the person who would be wearing this the most is my girlfriend. And I took her to the shop to try on helmets to see what she fit in (seemed to be a medium or large depending on brand and oval type). But she's likely not going to be the only passenger. And different people are going to have different sizes, head shapes, preferences, etc.

I've considered getting an open face for myself, and i'd just wear that when a passenger requires the full face.

So any ideas on what's good in the 'universal' department to have around in case i need to lug a person around?

For the record, I'm wearing a large Bell apex. It was the right fit (the only other one that felt like something i could wear for hours was a godawful expensive shoei . . . but the cheaper bell won me out not on cost but on the air filters around the jaw).

http://www.scurvysvarog.com/vn750/
'86 vn750 since 7 May '07
Falls Church, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

One thing I'd suggest is, seeing as this will be used for possibly several people, keep some clean rags with ya, which can be put between the liner and the helmet padding incase the helmet is too big for someone. If it's too small, well, not much you can do there except maybe a ratchet strap to get it on them? LOL

IMO, the best bet for something universal would be an open face.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Drive less, ride more...

When I took the MSF beginning rider class, I wanted a comfy helmet that was really inexpensive.

If you want something that's close to a "one-size-fits-all" but don't want to invest much, check out a medium or large-sized Fulmer, open-faced helmet. I paid less than $45 for the following model (available in several colors--but I went with white, since white will go with anything!):

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/Product/af255.html

Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement