Shaved down stock seat - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Shaved down stock seat

Some pics of the stock seat I just shaved down.I took an 1 inch and a half out of the back of the seat tapered to nothing at the front and then cut the "back rest"portion of the riders section straight down instead of angled to the front.What a big difference!!!! A lot more comfortable!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaved seat.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaved seat (1).JPG
Views:	75
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaved seat (2).JPG
Views:	117
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	430  

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Lookin' good.
You're certainly giving that bike some nice custom touches

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tim!!! One of these days soon I want to pick up a spare stock seat to cut down into a Corbin Gunfighter style solo seat for when it's just me rideing!!

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....

04 durango AWD

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Looks good, I've been trying to think of something to do with my seat other than buying a mustang (too much $$ right now).

I've looked at the VN 1500A's seats and think I could make something work, but I might try and shave my stock seat in the mean time....I also like where you put your helmet locks. I'm gonna steal that idea for sure.

I smile 'cause I don't know what the h*ll is going on.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

I have to agree with you on the mustang seat(For Now Too Much $$$$$).Be my guest and use what ever Ideas you want!!!!This seat mod is real easy just took my time and did it on a real warm day so the cover streached real nice!!!

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 AM
BVP

Bman, good looking seat mod.
I noticed you did a "2" rear drop w/ fabricated brackets"
I understand how the right side goes on but I haven't seen any pixs of the left, I am interested on doing the mod. could you post a pick of the left side or direct me to pics and measurements? Also I assume you have to replace the original axel bolt with a longer one, if so could you clue me into how long?

BVP
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

The brackets are the same for both sides.The Axel bolt is the original,on the swingarm side you have to make the shoulder area around the axel hole flush so everything lines up nice.I'll try to get some pictures posted today or tomorrow of the brackets with a tape measure held up to them.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 AM

Your seat looks good!

We're doing something similar with my wife's seat. We had this guy work on it and he messed it all up, so we bought a used seat from a junkyard to use while we redid the original seat. We got some gel from Kno Place along with some memory foam. I shaved the stock part down like yours, a more steep angle, and still need to cut out the depth for the gel and memory foam. The gel pad is going to wrap around the sides of the seat where her legs sit, and go up the back part of the seat. I got some sheet metal which we'll use to extend the seat on the back, and have a tab for bolting it down to the fender. We're having another guy fab up some new fender brackets for us to eliminate the upward swoop part where the backrest/sissybar on the stock seat is. We're going to relocate the tail lights back some with the new rails.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

You've got to post some pics when your done!!!

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 AM

I will try and take some pics as it's in progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement