Got My Givi Bags On - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Got My Givi Bags On

I would like to thank Jim Foster and Wally Colly for all their assistance and intrepid trail blazeing in doing this.
Thanks to Jim's help, the wireing job was straight forward. I opted to go with the Givi turn signals which I like better. The top case break light is a bonus too. When it came to drilling out the two holes needed for the contact points, a dremel tool is your best friend. I used rubber coated conduet clamps to aid in mounting the wingracks to the stock kawi saddle bag supports. Everything is nice and snug and no rattle at all.

I had the splines done at the same time that I put on Metzeler tires and change over the plugs to Iridium ones. So far, those plugs are great. I did a cold start after the bike sat for a week and it fired right up with no throttle imput at all. And it seems like I'm getting better response when riding. Jury still out on Seafoam. Used it a few tanks ago. Got my annual ride thru Yosemity to Lake Tahoe coming up, so I'll see then one way or the other.

Love my Corbin seat. I've got Kuri grips and Kuri Magnum mirrors and my windscreen is a Memphs Shades Sante Fe. I've gone with Piia headlamps and I'm getting more light out front now. More projects in the future, but gotta appease the wife in regards the checking account.
I posted pics in the members gallery under my name. I hope this link works.
https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showg...500&ppuser=348

Again, many thanks to Jim and Wally and to all you who explore the undiscovered country.

Regards Ernest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 AM

looks good, you did a great job. nice looking ride. .. i guess you got some touring to do now J
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Givi Bags

Oh you bettcha.
Thanks for taking a look at my scoot

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
looks very nice. hardly recognizable even.
i like

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Lookin' good !!!
I really like the look of that windshield too
It seems to fit the lines of the Vulcan pretty good.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for taking a look. I had some good comments from people who have seen me riding it around town.

Ernest
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hyper
When I first put that shield on, my first thought was that it sorta looked the the shield on the tv version of the bat cycle. It does give it a great front end look.

Ernest
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Rider on the Storm

Garage
Thumbs up nice hard cases!

What a sweet set-up!

I just got back from Paris, and the place is crawling with motorcycles & (especially) motorbikes. Givi top cases are on many of them. (The bikes are basic transportation for many ~ doesn't matter if you're wearing a suit or a skirt!)

I'd love to modify my 2006 in the same way. It would make commuting easier, and open up more touring possibilities. My only concern was tail light visibility, but it seems that you have that covered ~ especially with the big brake lights on the top case. But I would surely need to find someone to install the package for me.

By the way, I have a Plexifairing 3, which is huge compared to your small windshield. You must not mind so much the wind and the insect splatter!

EZC

Last edited by EasyRector; 05-01-2007 at 10:57 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Re: Givi Bags

Hi Charlie
Nope...not a lot of wind or bugs with my shield. I sit back and low in the saddle with my corbin seat. Putting the bags on is a snap. Jim..Wally and now myself have done it. Jim and Wally put some good pics up to show you what they did. You will need the oem saddlebag supports for the two side cases and the oem top rack for the top case. Make sure you get the universal mount when you buy the top case. You will also need the wingracks (pair) for mounting to the oem supports. I opted to go with the Givi turn signals instead of doing a relocate job with the stock ones. The break light was simple to hook up (thanks Jim). Just pay attention to the instructions. Some parts are not quite clean via the english language. The area for the two hole cutouts are marked for you on the topcase and the universal mount. A dremel tool will serve you best. I used the same side bags and top case that Jim and Wally used. Check out the Givi site to see what they have. Let me know if you decide to do this and feel free to email me with any questions.

Regards
Ernest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement