Might have found a solution for the rain - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Might have found a solution for the rain

Ok so I think I've found a solution if you are like me and get caught in the rain.

I have rain gear, and even rain cover for my bags, but still find water in them.

Well it looks like there is this new stuff called NeverWet might be a good option.

http://youtu.be/DZrjXSsfxMQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

that looks like an awesume repellant.. but where is that water gonna go when your riding?? the wind is gonna blow it into any nook and crack (and it will find them all).

when I had my soft bags on, (by no means water proof), the tops overlapped the bottom some.. if it rained when I wasn't riding (parked), the inside of the bags was dry.. However, same cannot be said if it rained while I was riding... while not soaked by any means, the water finds its way up and around the overlaps and such, and into the bags...

basically, I believe if your gonna be riding in the rain, stuffs gonna get wet.. At this time, I dont even have riding gear, because most of my riding is short (around town, mostly work and back), and as long as its NOT raining when I leave to go to work, I ride. if its raining on way home, I change when I get home.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Garage
great Demo....I am going to check it out some more.

My only concern is if it is flammable once cured.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 AM
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek

That's amazing. I wonder how well it stands up to UV though.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganteddybear View Post
basically, I believe if your gonna be riding in the rain, stuffs gonna get wet.. At this time, I dont even have riding gear, because most of my riding is short (around town, mostly work and back), and as long as its NOT raining when I leave to go to work, I ride. if its raining on way home, I change when I get home.
I'm right there with you TeddyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
My only concern is if it is flammable once cured.
I'm not sure KC, that for sure could be a concern for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroGT42 View Post
That's amazing. I wonder how well it stands up to UV though.
Not sure, I've found some reviews on it and they are not looking so good. Hmm
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM

I stay completely dry with a set of first gear rain pants, rain jacket and then I have rubber gloves (forget the name) and also things that go over my boots, pretty much totally covered. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38542151_n.jpg

Kenny

Merc
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Roadhouse classic 2 > 1 exhaust
Okie Smokie intake config
Changed jets
52K miles or so, always going up
Corbin Seat
Painted flat black winter '12
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I stay completely dry with a set of first gear rain pants, rain jacket and then I have rubber gloves (forget the name) and also things that go over my boots, pretty much totally covered. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38542151_n.jpg

Kenny
Two questions about your lobster claw rain gear
1. How compact is it, cause I hate that my rain gear (which I seem to never use because by that time I'm already wet) takes up space (space that could be better used for things like... beer) in my bags?

2. Does this gear come in "fat chick" sizes, cause well I'm "fat chick" size?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePoet View Post
Two questions about your lobster claw rain gear
1. How compact is it, cause I hate that my rain gear (which I seem to never use because by that time I'm already wet) takes up space (space that could be better used for things like... beer) in my bags?

2. Does this gear come in "fat chick" sizes, cause well I'm "fat chick" size?
I will be happy to try and help...

I am able to smush it all into a 2.5 gallon zip lock bag and keep in the saddle bag. I got the bike today at work so I just ran out there and grabbed all my rain gear....

I purchased the first gear sierra jacket and pants... http://www.firstgear-usa.com/sierra.html

At the time i purchased it, they had black as an option with the retro reflective as you can see in the pic from before.

Now it looks like the sierra only comes in fishing lure yellow.

The jacket and the pants are GREAT, the pants are made for motorcycle riders so they dont get bunched up or anything weird. The jacket has a weather hood that blocks rain and I wear this under the helmet - works awesome.

Now for boot covers... The ones I have are CHOKO riding gear boot covers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rq1RwRfuLo

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruise..._source=google

I wear the XL boot covers, I have big feet.

I like these boot covers cause they work well AND they fold up to almost nothing as far as room.

Next, glove covers:

http://www.rain-off.com/ I went with the 2 finger glove, these things are amazing, light rubber and again roll up into almost no space.

When packed properly this whole system takes up the bottom 3" of my saddle bag at most. I still have room on top of that to store my whole lether jacket or shopping from the store, and there is also the whole other saddle bag too.

Now a lot of people will say this stuff is expensive, and I know it is. But for the amount of riding I do, like all the time, it was worth it. And remember you get what you pay for. I am a huge fan of all the stuff I listed here.

Any other questions just let me know

kenny

Merc
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Roadhouse classic 2 > 1 exhaust
Okie Smokie intake config
Changed jets
52K miles or so, always going up
Corbin Seat
Painted flat black winter '12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement