Peg Swap some have been waiting for(Swing Wings) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Cool Peg Swap some have been waiting for(Swing Wings)

It took me a while, but I finally got the Swing-Wings pegs mounted on my VN750. In the process I found a helpful tip for those that want to change their pegs but can't find any parts in the catalogs. I was able to take measurements of a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic and found that adapters that work for the front pegs on that bike should work for the VN750 especially the splined adapter types because they can be rotated to fit around forward controls and possibly the exhaust pipe on the left side. Here's a link to the pictures of the part numbers and the finished project. The Swing-Wings were about $140 after tax and S/H and the adapters were $23 after tax and S/H all from eBay. The only issue I noticed was the left side peg fits very close to the brake lever. So close that it doesn't fold up on that side. That was never really going to be a deal breaker for me. These things are certainly comfortable open. Though you can hang your feet up, your never far from the controls! For some with big feet and big boots to match, this may be a little tricky to operate controls when open. When closed, posture seems improved to. These things are heavy and seem sturdy to. Just follow the instructions!

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/cc...?sort=3&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Thank you very much for this info. I was going to try the swing wings but I haven't seen anybody else who have used these. I did the same research on the adapters and found the same answer. Since I didn't want the expense of forword controls, $ 750.00+, I thought these would work for a bit extra leg stretch. How are they for a longer ride?I am in the process of making a hiway bar but might just do this instead. I might just finish what I am working on tho and see how it works but I am glad somebody did try the Swing Wing pegs and would love to hear how a longer ride is with them. Thanks Again.

2002 Vulcan 750
things to do: When time allows.
Relocate rear turn signals. (have parts) Done. Thanks Pittdave
acct to mcct (TOC) Done
Iridium plugs
Luggage rack
Hiway bars and pegs
Tank Bib Done (Thanks Romeobravo172)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Swing Wing Pegs

Well I got a set of Swing Wing pegs off Ebay for about 100 bucks including the adapters. Installed them and Love them. I have shorter legs but longer rides seemed to cramp my legs. Swing Wings gave me enough stretch to relieve that. I might need to do some modding of the right side because it wont fold up.Im going to see if I can do a little work on the edge that it is hanging up on.Too bad they don't make a longer spleened adapter that would move it out about a qtr inch but for now its great. I hope others try them and see how well they work. By the way, They look great too.

2002 Vulcan 750
things to do: When time allows.
Relocate rear turn signals. (have parts) Done. Thanks Pittdave
acct to mcct (TOC) Done
Iridium plugs
Luggage rack
Hiway bars and pegs
Tank Bib Done (Thanks Romeobravo172)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement