Highway pegs/mounts? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Highway pegs/mounts?

I have read several threads on here where people have made their own but nowhere have I read about a solution for someone who is 6'4"....so if anyone has advice or is making a really extended set of brackets please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormonkey333 View Post
I have read several threads on here where people have made their own but nowhere have I read about a solution for someone who is 6'4"....so if anyone has advice or is making a really extended set of brackets please let me know
Hey I am 6'4" as well and I have experimented with every setup I can think of and the only one that worked for me is the Kaw engine guard with offset kuryakyn's. I ran the offset towards the front tire and tilted the clamps a tiny bit so the foot pegs are facing a little forward as well. I can take some pics if you want to show you what im talking about
Nice and comfy on long rides now
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Please do post some pics, I have a set of jury offsets already somewhere in the garage that aren't being used but the crash bar seems silly expensive for these bikes....but comfort is priceless

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormonkey333 View Post
Please do post some pics, I have a set of jury offsets already somewhere in the garage that aren't being used but the crash bar seems silly expensive for these bikes....but comfort is priceless
I dont think you necessary need the Kaw crash bar but being the bike has not been made for 7 years parts certain parts are hard to come by and when they become avail there is allot of demand for them so the prices go up.

That being said here are the pics of what I did

They are made of
Kuryaken Longhorn Offset Peg Mounts with 1" Magnum Quick Clamp part number 7985 and your choice of kury footpegs

Last edited by jj23; 06-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

nice set up, I think that's about the only way I'm going to get enough leg room
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj23 View Post
I dont think you necessary need the Kaw crash bar but being the bike has not been made for 7 years parts certain parts are hard to come by and when they become avail there is allot of demand for them so the prices go up.

That being said here are the pics of what I did

They are made of
Kuryaken Longhorn Offset Peg Mounts with 1" Magnum Quick Clamp part number 7985 and your choice of kury footpegs

I love this set up
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone think taking 1" pipe, bent in a horseshoe shape with the ends flattened would work well as a mount with longer mounting bolts?...one for each side so it isn't the whole crash bar assembly? If so does anyone have a pipe shop? LOL
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

JJ- I found a used fire and steel crash bar and have it on the way, I need to take some rust of and fix a couple small dents but I am ceramic coating it anyway so I'm happy ...those things are rare as hens teeth! Question is can I use the stock bolts to install or will I need longer bolts? If I do need longer bolts I probably have to order them so an exact size needed would be awesome!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 PM

Yea you will need longer bolts, you dont need to order them though. Every one of them can be found at Home Depot for a few cents a piece.
PM me your email address and I will send you the original Kawasaki install instructions that has all the bolt sizes listed on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement