Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Let's see your helmet!

6K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Goofyfoot2001 
#1 ·
There are alot of helmet styles, graphic designs and custom jobs out there. Let's see what you got!

#2 ·
Here are my current ones. Mind you I would not wear one if I could legally~

For the 750 and all cruisers, Voss Jockey in flat black. (NON DOT) Been using since 2007.

For sport bikes. Icon Mainframe Halo DOT. Used since 2006, I'm slowly phasing out.

For sport bikes. IV2 Las Vegas Rider 2 DOT Used since 2012 phasing in primarily long rides only now.

#7 ·
heres mine, rt 32 in ohio at night, oddly I don't mind wearing it a bit!!!

#8 ·
and actually that wasn't even a bad night!

#10 · (Edited)
Wow ! That's impressive.
My first thought is "would it increase a Claustrophobic feeling" ? ? ?
...As in could/would the latch ever become inoperable & unable to take it off.
That would suck !
I could always cut a chin strap if necessary.

:smiley_th

#12 ·
Bam!! I knew someone would think of it. Want to see how far this would go before that would be pointed out. Knife, I'll give you credit on being sharp.:smiley_th First time I saw it that was the first thing I thought of cause I can fog over an open face shield.

BUT man wouldn't it keep your head warmer in the cooler months.

#13 · (Edited)
Now with this Voztec verses a chin strap: I met a man about 3 months ago that was in a back and neck brace. Said a woman pulled out in front of him while he was riding and he took the ditch, hit the end of a culvert, bike flipped end over end, throwing him off and the passenger back rest caught the under side of his chin part of the full face helmet while he was siding on his back and the bike still flipping. Flipped his head back enough to break his neck and the chin strap and took the helmet off his head. If the helmet had not come off would it have decapitated him?

And my apologies to Rebel13. I should have started this Helmet under another thread.

#16 ·
I run an Arai Vector 2. I got it half off for around $225, so quite the steal. The quality is amazing and I'd be happy to buy another Arai. My old Shoei was fine, but this is in another league.

#20 ·
Isnt this supposed to be a "show your lid" thread ?...what anal cavity started on the safety discussion crap ?...keep it OT....wanna talk "straps"...helmet, jock, etc....start a new fookin thread.......get a life...
Methinks an apology to the OP is needed here, be it public or private....

Ive hijacked threads myself in the past but have always asked forgiveness...

Mine are both old...the half shell is about 25 yrs old, and the 3/4 Bell Super Magnum about 38 yrs....the insides of the Bell need replacing...the halfie is still ok...

#22 ·
...lolol...okay, I missed that....but just fyi, I wasnt talkin to anyone in particular bro.... ;) I actually just breezed the OT stuff, and just looked at the pics....
Just didnt want this thread to go 100% another way....

#23 ·
What's the point of showing what you wear if we can't talk about it?

This forum was greatly known for branching out on the original topics. Helmets were still being discussed anyway.

I wear this POS 'cause it's all I can afford:

Mine has a clear windshield.

It has a sun visor too, but I rarely use it, it's not very good.

#24 ·
I have one of these:

Got it free when I bought the bike. It gets hot, doesn't flow air particularly well, and is cheap. But it has pockets for headphone speakers and an elastic mesh chin thingy that just squishes my beard so that I have to re-style it when I get to work. ;)

My wife uses a Bilt 3/4 with full face shield. I also have a Cyber fullface that a friend gave me (only 2 sizes too big) and an HJC half helmet (also given to me) that makes my head look like penis so I only wear it on special occasions.

#25 ·
Sorry to dip off topic again...:rolleyes:

But I said I'd post the reply from Voztec helmets about my fogging question when I got it.
They wrote:

Hi Eric, good vents is the key, we have the lower vent both de fogging visor and also air flow to cool chin bar area. Will be available early 2014

Mark Bryant
Managing Director
Voztec Pty Ltd
+61420763223

Sounds good, but being from Missouri and a skeptical consumer, I'll wait for an impartial review of the helmet in the real world ;)
I'll add here if there is that much venting, I doubt the helmet would be warmer than a normal FF lid.and it likely will be noisier...

As far as what I wear....I have quite a few helmets but now only wear two of them. My silver Shoei RF-1000 most times. And those that remember I painted my KBC T7 Hi- Vis yellow, so I wear that on occasion too.

#26 ·
I don't have a pic, but I wear a HJC 3/4 helmet with built in sun visor. I like it except the flat black paint. I'll never get that color again, talk having a hot head during the summer. I'm practically pouring sweat after a short ride.

Had a leather half helmet for a while until the company recalled it. Gave the new issue to my mom when dad bought his 1500.

#30 ·
I prefer a modular or full face. I have a black Bell Revolver that I don't use anymore (loud, poor air flow, etc..) and a Shoei X-11 that's my go-to. Pretty good air flow and much quieter than the Bell. :smiley_th

Attachments

#31 ·
As you guys probably already know I have to minimize wind in my eyes and with my glasses a flip-up is the way to go for me. My Nolan with the pinlock system for cooler weather is the way to go for me. The detachable little flap that can fit under my chin isn't restrictive once I got used to it and I fit it in every November/December for a much warmer ride through the cooler months. If I'm having a day when my eyes can handle a little wind I just flip the front up, especially if it's hot at slower speeds.

Different helmets fit different shaped heads so reviews are good but trying one on is better.

After handing 3 teeth over to the ambulance driver after I helped a guy a little south of the Tail of the Dragon (hwy 129) I realized that there are additional bonuses to wearing a full face helmet. After his knee healed I'm sure he wanted those teeth back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.