Windshield / Saddlebag support - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Windshield / Saddlebag support

Hi All,

Two questions - didn't want to start individual threads for each one:

1) I'm 5'7" and am looking for a windshield that will keep the air off my face. Possibly looking over it. Any suggestions?
2) I've seen these saddlebag supports on eBay ($ 25): http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11011...RL%3AUS%3A1123

Any experience on them, any better ones?

Cheers from Costa Rica!

Nappy

'94 VN 750
bought April '13 w. 7800mi
(still) stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 AM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
Hi All,

Two questions - didn't want to start individual threads for each one:

1) I'm 5'7" and am looking for a windshield that will keep the air off my face. Possibly looking over it. Any suggestions?
2) I've seen these saddlebag supports on eBay ($ 25): http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11011...RL%3AUS%3A1123

Any experience on them, any better ones?

Cheers from Costa Rica!

Nappy
I for one do not have a windshield, but if I decide to add a windshield to my bike, looking over the top edge is preferred by most (not all) 750 riders.

just sayin'
WilliamTech
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
wind shields are more of a personal choice and one that works for me may not work for you. I personally like the plexistar 2 and 3

as for the bag supports, those look to be the same design as the Kawasaki Fire and Steel supports, which work the best in most applications, but since you didn't say what bags you are using I don't know.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Hi All,

I've had a windshield on most of my big bore bikes and most of my scooters. It just makes me ride more comfortably and keeps the dirt/dust/bugs outta my face, and prevents my head from bobbing at higher speeds.

BTW speed limit on ALL roads here in Costa Rica is 60 mph. Anything over 100 Km/h will carry a fine of over US$ 400!

The saddlebags are the original Vulcan (with a red reflector in the middle).

Cheers,

Napoleon

'94 VN 750
(still) stock
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
I didn't know there were original saddle bags for the vn750... hmmm... are they hard bags, or leather bags. if they are hard bags i would recommend this bracket http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saddlebag-Su...00f2e6&vxp=mtr wich could be made for about 15 bucks in metal if that much.. I just picked up a piece of 1/4 X 2 X 16" flat stock for 4 bucks. So not bad. but if they are soft bags, then you want to use the other brackets you posted.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM

I have these supports on mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGID-HARD-S...274ba8&vxp=mtr

The ones you posted will simply keep the bags away from the wheels/shocks. These do that, but also allow for hard mount when necessary. This is how I hard mounted my throwover bags from Viking Bags: https://www.vn750.com/forum/album.php...pictureid=4410

Malibu Shades windscreen, headlight visor, custom dashboard with voltmeter and clock, luggage rack, extended backrest, Viking saddlebags and toolbag, Wingerline engine guard with foot pads, light bar with halogen bulbs, Hardley Sportster muffs with crossover, homemade coasters, earshave with K&N pods, 142/42 jets with 2 shims each needle, MCCT's, AGM battery, coil relay mod, Iridiums with yellow NGK plug wires, relocated R/R, WOLO air horn, VN750.com chrome radiator guard
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
I didn't know there were original saddle bags for the vn750... hmmm... are they hard bags, or leather bags.
Yep, they have a big winged "V" embossed on the side and are leather bags. Sorry that I can't send any pics, since the bike is still at the mechanic.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Will look into them in the evening.

Cheers from Costa Rica!

'94 VN 750
(still) stock
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
ahh i know the bags.. but the reflectors aren't stock btw
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
I have the full line up of all the genuine Kawasaki Fire and Steel parts that were ever available for our bike. I have pictures and part number on almost every thing, just missing a few pieces of the "Tour Pac" line.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
I'm 5'7" and am looking for a windshield that will keep the air off my face. Possibly looking over it. Any suggestions?
Memphis Shades is your best bet...I had one on mine and cut the top down to fit...

Quote:
I have the full line up of all the genuine Kawasaki Fire and Steel parts that were ever available for our bike. I have pictures and part number on almost every thing, just missing a few pieces of the "Tour Pac" line.
Tour Pack front fender ???? If so, shoot me a PM...I saw WilliamTechs, and Im needing that chromey bumper action thing...if not, I gotta find the VN900 Classic chrome...

Last edited by Wolfie; 05-18-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement