Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
scooterboy

E-Bay Items

I watched 2 items on e-bay that ended yesterday.If the people bidding had just taken the time to come to this site or do a little more research they would have realized that they could have bought these items brand new for only $10. more than they paid for used items. The items I am referring to were the Kaw Luggage rack It can be bought new for $73.11 from Rick Roush Accessories or for $72.99 from Seminole Power Sports. The other item was the Engine Guard Roush has it for $73.88 People bid up the price of these 2 items to $65. for the rack and $66. for the guard and they were used items. When I wanted inexpensive throwover saddle bags I asked other forum members here and on Yahoo where to go and one of the responses that I got was to go to CANDR Elite.com they had the buffalo leather bag set. It consisted of 7 pieces More bags than you ever need for $50. The shipping was $12. additionally. Every one else was higher and it is the same set. I even talked to the guy who owned the company Craig Ricks in Winter Haven Fl. and he insisted that customer satisfaction was his #1 priority. I wouldn't have found any of these without the help of other forum members perhaps the people bidding on e-bay don't know what a wealth of information they are missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:52 PM

ebay at times makes me wonder at times about the lack of common sense ppl have. i have found that i can get better deals off of web site stores than ebay. unless its something i really want and can't find it anywhere, then i bid, otherwise i just do without. in fact i have bought 2 items from ppl on this forum ( corbin seat for 160 and V/H cruisers new in the box for 250) you would never see that on ebay. ride it safe Jim.
J
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:50 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Yeah, some people get that 'Bidding Fever' and don't realize the actual value of what they're bidding on.
There's alot of times I'll watch items just to see how ridiculously high some people are willing to go.

One thing I think is really funny, is when someone gets an item for .99, or any really, really low price, then complain/give negitive F.B. about being charged an extra few bucks for shipping.

As they say.... (although I STILL haven't figured out who 'They' are)
Caveat Emptor !!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
and how about that coolant cover costing ~25$? seen people pay more then 2 times the price.

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement