Handle bar position - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Handle bar position

I did a quick search and it appears it's been over 2 years since a Handle bar position thread and it was about lowering them, so here goes:

I rotated mine forward. It's hard to say exactly how far because I have adjusted them a time or two, but probably 2-3 inches forward. It allows my arms to be stretched out almost straight and seems much more comfortable, especially for long trips. At first it seemed awkward because it does change the feel of steering, but it also allows me to sit more upright and I feel like I'm planted a little deeper in the seat and further back. A little more stretched out.

The only negative I've seen so far and it ain't bad, is that my PFIII shield is also more upright and pushes more air. Hasn't affected my mpg though, so not sure what that means.

Anybody else tried this?

jeff
---------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:51 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

I have mine so the vertical part of the bars are at the same angle as the fork tubes.
That's how I've always had the bars on my dirtbike, and just carried it over to the Vulcan.
As I've heard before, steering should be most responsive when set like that, but I don't know for sure if that's true or not.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 AM
2FAS4U

That was of the reasons I bought my bike. I have always required my bikes to have adjustable bars, as I like my arms to be stretched out also.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:40 PM

if your arms are that much stretched out...how is it on slow motion turns?? do you have good grip and handling ability?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
I have the bars as far forward as I can get them without making the mirrors stick too far forward. I had to do this to attempt to match some of the riding position on my Nad. Doesn't seem to affect how I turn...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

well I can say that I've adjusted to the new position (as I'd hoped I would) and after a long trip this weekend I don't even notice the difference.

Before, my shoulders would get sore after a few hundred miles from slumping. With the stock bar location my elbows would be bent and after a while I'd just be hunkered over.

Now, I'm sitting more upright, my arms are stretched out more, and my back is much better after a long ride. For slow manuvering I guess I lean forward some-- I don't know--it works though.

It was a good adjustment for me and it seems natural now.

jeff
----------------
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 AM

The factory position is slightly forward of parallel to the forks (clearly seen in this picture.) There's a tiny dot on the bars, just to the right of the right side handlebar clamp, that should be lined up with the opening in the clamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement