Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

kuryakyn shifter cover needed

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 ·
anyone know if there are any still available? i put on a kuryakyn brake cover to go with my f/s boards and "new" hiway pegs, can't seem to be able to find a shifter cover to make it match. thanks!

#2 ·
oh yeah they show one for a vn1500 but don't know if it will work, any help appreciated

#4 ·
Found a shifter cover on Kijiji in Toronto, Ontario with this information including Kury part number and bikes it will fit:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-pad-cover-for-metrics-NEW-W0QQAdIdZ299021931

Kuryakyn shift or brake pedal pad cover for metrics
new in package

Part# 250-4029

Fits:
- Honda Magna
- Honda Shadow 750 Aero
- Honda Shadow ACE 1100
- Honda Shadow Sabre
- Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
- Honda Shadow Spirit 750
- Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
- Honda Shadow VLX 600
- Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
- Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
- Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 (A-C)
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic Fi
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Drifter
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad Fi
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
- Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
- Kawasaki Vulcan 750
- Kawasaki Vulcan 900
- Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
- Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
- Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
- Suzuki Boulevard C50
- Suzuki Boulevard C50T
- Suzuki Boulevard C90
- Suzuki Boulevard C90T
- Suzuki Boulevard M50
- Suzuki Intruder VL1500 LC
- Suzuki Intruder Volusia
- Suzuki Marauder 800

$30.99

#6 ·
let me know if #4036 fits, it shows it is for a honda but probably fits fine. a whole bunch of them on the net, too.

#8 ·
kool, dave! yeah it kind of looks weird with just the brake pedal cover. hope it fits! man bro, you have had a bunch of posts, you have been busy pimping out your ride!! cheers, john

#15 ·
hey thanks dave!! appreciate the info!

#16 ·
On mine the brake cover needed a little attention, I had to fold duct tape and build up the upper side of the top cover, the rubber inserts seemed to push way down and looked funky to me, easy fix. The shifter did take some finese but did go on ok. Like Dave said the shifter lower side the rubber sticks out, but to compansate for that you can actually raise the shifter a couple clicks. Because I have the engine guard there is not a lot of upper adjustment to be had. Think they look great on bike!

#17 ·
I have been using these covers for a few years and like the larger brake pedal and shifter cover. Also have them on the Wife's Vulcan 500.
The shifter did start scuffing my boot badly though. I took a stock rubber handlebar grip and cut it down to make a sleeve. The chrome ends still show.
I don't have a pic yet, would have to dig one up.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.