Good motorcycle clothing CHEAP!!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdave View Post
am i the only one who still wants a denim jacket.. nobody has them
No you are not,I still wear them and the links that slim gave you have a variety of them armor and all.Unlike some people,I am not a slave to fashion and looking like Martha Stewart ,All Matched up and color coordinated.Denim never is out of style(like I care) and is much better breathing than some of the newer textile fabrics.
But the down side is unless it is reinforced with kevlar or lined in the strategic spots it will last about ten feet when you scoot across the pavement and it gets soaked in the rain along with you,And does not dry quickly.

Buy what you want and enjoy it,it's your hide and your choice.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kufbass View Post
It might be worth the effort for 70 some bucks.
The chrome on it looks real good and the mounting arms seem long enough to get them bolted up with little fabrication. I say go for it.....

And I was joking about the denim as per being fashionable. But yeah, by itself denim sucks for protection. I knew a guy that wiped out wearing a regular denim jacket (not motorcycle specific) besides losing skin..... Those tall metal rivet type buttons used on the cuff tore his arm up pretty good. Looked like someone ran a router down his arm..........

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM

ok.. i know there is plenty online.. and yes KM, i admit i was born about 20 years too late. i'm 43 and should have been 18 in 68 rather than 86, but that is another story. My main issue with wanting denim is that every leather jacket i have tried on feels too heavy and makes me feel constricted. I would like a lightweight, flexible jacket that i can ball up in the saddlebag to keep with me if it gets too cool for just a shirt. Many of the mesh fabric jackets out there I just don't like.
so there..PPPTTTHHH

Pittsburgh Dave
2001 VN750...old ride
2003 VN1600.. new ride

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Well if you ride your bike just wearing a "shirt" then my suggestions are kinda pointless anyway. Your hide. You decide.

My Firstgear Mesh Tex jacket is my go to riding jacket when it's warm to hot...a sweatshirt UNDER it works if it becomes cooler, or leaving in the lining.

You might as well skip the whole denim "jacket" concept and just roll up a good fleece lined nylon windbreaker.... Takes up less room, is warmer and better at cutting the wind when you're moving. Offers the same protection....i.e. None......

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 PM

the cortech dsx jacket i am looking at http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...im-Jacket.aspx has plenty of protection IMO. I don't see the need though to throw on full regalia for a ride to Wal-mart

Pittsburgh Dave
2001 VN750...old ride
2003 VN1600.. new ride
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
let me tell you a little story about the PO of my bike. He sold me his bike to buy him self a little 250 ninja because the VN750 was too much for him. Well the 3rd day he owned the bike he decided to take a little trip down to wally-world (maybe 2 miles one way). He never made it to Wal-Mart that day. He came up to a stop sign and stopped like he was supposed to. A guy making a left hand turn (while running the stop sign) didn't see him. Lucky for my friend he saw the truck and realized they were going to cross paths. so he gunned the little engine into motion, but still managed to get hit by the driver side door. the cops said my friend skidded about 40 feet on teh pavement. The Bike was crushed by the truck and looked like a beer can. My friend was/is a AGAT rider and suffered minor road rash on his calves, a twisted ankle, and a broken toe. He was wearing complete Joe Rocket gear, pants jacket gloves, (all Kevlar reinforced) and boots. He also had on his brand new Shoei Helmet. The helmet was cracked down the middle and his riding cloths.. well lets just say swiss cheese has less holes.. I think there is still textile skid marks in the pavement 4 years later.

My point is. an accident can happen at any time, whether you are riding 1 block, or an 1,000 mile iron butt. You ride with what you feel you can handle in the event you go down. Remember there are two riders out there... Those that have gone down, and those that will go down.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Yep. Most accidents they say happen close to home. A kid on a sportbike a few months back didn't even make to the end of the street he lived on, some old fk shot backwards from his driveway and the bike hit it. The kid flipped over the car, and lost a few inches of meat off his back when he landed on the road. Just a T shirt. Looked like a someone covered his back with raw hamburger meat.

Fate is cruel. Your odds of getting torn up are higher on that quick trip to the corner than they are taking a 300 mile ride.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:32 AM

Biker Gear

Hi,

I'm new here. The best Biker T-Shirts I ever found were at www.bikerisma.com the quality is great and it's a good value for your money
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Responding to a 7 year old post with a link to buy something is considered spam.
This is just a warning Hellen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement