mounting a vn900 seat? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

mounting a vn900 seat?

I have looked at the many threads about mounting the vn900 seat to the vn750 and I have not noticed anyone that tried to mount the seat latch from a vn900 to the vn750. Since I do not have a vn900 seat (yet) I cant tell if there is enough room to mount the latch or not. Has anyone tried this and discovered that it just can not fit? Have I lost my mind for even thinking about trying this?

Travis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 03:37 PM

I actually thought about using the latch as well but didnt have the tools needed to weld the bracket on. If you are a little creative I'm sure there's a way but I'm not positive the latch will be accessable with the fender directly beneath the tubes where the latch would need to mount. (My pic is a little old but I know have a 900 seat and love it)

86 Vn750
Coastered
De-Goated
Ears shaved
"Custom Pipes"
"Custom Seat"
Apes
Stator Mod
Malteese led Turn Signals (Rear)
Paid 750.00$ for her in 2005 w/ 9k
Currently @ 23k and counting
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

I have a seat on its way..it should be here the 14th. If the weatrher cooperates I will check to see if there is enough room for the latch to fit under the seat this week. My daughter ordered me a protac drivers backreset for valentines day and I have a passenger backrest from who knows what so I will be trying to get all of that mounted over the next few weeks. I will keep everyone posted on my progress

Travis

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Well it looks like my original plan to mount the seat isnt going to work...There doesnt seem to be enough room to mount the latch mechanism toward the back of the seat so I am going with a bracket that bolts to the fender mount location

Travis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement