Will VN800 equipment fit? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Will VN800 equipment fit?

I'm in the process of looking for some things to add to my stock '94 750 and find that very rarely is the '94 listed as being a fit. In almost every list, the first VN listed is the 800...
I'm totally unfamiliar with any other Vulcan besides mine, so I have no idea whether there were changes that would not allow those to work on my "94. These things I'm looking for are not of the "machine engine" type, but rather add-ons or changes to stock, i.e., pegs, seats, controls, luggage racks, etc.
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me, as I'm brand new to the whole Vulcan experience.

WillRose
Standing Proud WA State Patriot Guard Rider
'94 Vulcan 750 & '06 Burgman 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 AM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRose View Post
I'm in the process of looking for some things to add to my stock '94 750 and find that very rarely is the '94 listed as being a fit. In almost every list, the first VN listed is the 800...
I'm totally unfamiliar with any other Vulcan besides mine, so I have no idea whether there were changes that would not allow those to work on my "94. These things I'm looking for are not of the "machine engine" type, but rather add-ons or changes to stock, i.e., pegs, seats, controls, luggage racks, etc.
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me, as I'm brand new to the whole Vulcan experience.
Pretty much any part from an 86 - 06 VN750 will fit your 96 VN750, with very few exceptions.

I am not sure about the VN800 stuff, though I haven't seen anything about it on here.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Jack of all trades

It will fit if you can do some fabrication. There are almost no bolt ons for the 750. You can find a rack occasionally on eBay. Kuryakyn makes adapters that will work with our bikes. The rest you have to make or make fit.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Giggity!

Garage
2x^ Take measurements & get an idea. Most of my add ons are from Harley motorcycles.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
vn800 seat with modifications to both seat and bike fit, front pegs swap, rear pegs do not swap, and that is about as far as the list goes...

A Hondaline luggage rack off of a GL1000, GL1100,or CX/GL 500/650 will bolt on with only having to tweak the mounting points at the shocks (works better with the VN800 seat mod). The Early VN1500 front forks will change over, allowing the use of 1" handle bars to give more options to those accessories.

I have more tricks up my sleeve, I just can't think of them at the moment... Ohh yea.. also made a riders back rest out of a Hondaline Sissy bar for the above mentioned luggage rack.

Also for more ideas on cheap, home brewed products with minimal tool usage, check out my DIY guide located on scribd... just check my sig.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Many parts from other bikes CAN be made to fit, depending on what you consider fit, with modifications to both the bike and the part. The Vulcan 750 '85-'06 is a one of a kind bike, there is nothing else like it anywhere. It is not even remotely similar to either one of the 800s. Aside from the very short lived tour pack, Kawasaki did make quite a few accessories for it, an extended backrest, a luggage rack, bolt on saddlebag support/turn signal relocator brackets, bolt on hard leather bags, a small windshield, and an engine guard. I have everything on mine except the engine guard, which I never did like, and the tour pack stuff. I also have a Memphis Shades Shooter windshield instead of the Kawasaki one. But I bought all the Kawasaki accessories back in '02, when they were still making them. The only place that might still have some of this stuff new would be ronayers.com.

There never was much aftermarket stuff for the Vulcan 750, because nobody seemed to be interested in customizing it. It didn't look enough like a Harley. A company called Highway Hawk had several chrome items for it, but I don't believe any of them are still available. I still want a full chrome radiator cover. The full cover, not just the insert. I should have bought one back when they were available.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck69 View Post
2x^ Take measurements & get an idea. Most of my add ons are from Harley motorcycles.
are those "add ons" the ones you find on the road after riding behind the Harleys?
sorry, but I just had too say it. lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 12-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, but another question...

Were there enough changes made to the 750 models after '94 that parts for the newer models won't fit my '94?

Sorry to sound so dumb here, but this is all new to me. On my other ride, a 650 Burgman maxiscooter, there's almost no chance for accessories, etc. so I'm hoping to be able to do a bit with my "new-to-me" 750 to make it a bit more like my own.

So far, I haven't found anyone who's even remotely familiar with pre- and post-'94 750 models (other than this forum, that is )

WillRose
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Jerry.

(I missed your post until after I had added my last one.)

I guess I'll just need to be on the lookout for things that might work.

Actually, the 750 is so much different than riding my scooter that I'm still working through the change, e.g., but not limited to, not having any storage without added bags, exposure to the elements, the noise (the mc'ers I ride with tell me my scooter sounds like a sewing machine )

WillRose
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Old Fart

Garage
There were no significant changes from the first model in 1985 to the last one in 2006. Most changes were cosmetic, i.e. paint colors.

The master cylinder changed in the early 90s, but any other part works on any model year from any other model year. The bike basically was unchanged for it's entire life. An 86 shaft and wheel will bolt right up to a 2004 model...etc...

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement