Biggest Apes with Stock Cables? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
thebeginning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)
 
Biggest Apes with Stock Cables?

I'm wanting to try out apes, but I don't have the cash to fork over a new cable install, or the knowledge/confidence to do it myself.

I've read that you can reroute all cables aside from the brake cable for 12" apes, but then I read somewhere else that it's 11".

Anyone here that has done it want to chime in?
thebeginning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
Stevie D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)
 
Probably 11". I started out with 12 inch apes (I'm at 16" now) and was able to re-route all the cables and wires except for the brake line.................Good luck!
Stevie D. is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
thebeginning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie D. View Post
Probably 11". I started out with 12 inch apes (I'm at 16" now) and was able to re-route all the cables and wires except for the brake line.................Good luck!
Okay cool. I'm willing to add a new brake line, so I think I'm going with 12's. Any pics of the bike with 12's?
thebeginning is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
Stevie D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeginning View Post
Okay cool. I'm willing to add a new brake line, so I think I'm going with 12's. Any pics of the bike with 12's?
I just can't seem to find any pic's on my new laptop. It looked good though, the 12 inch bars were a tad wider than the 16 inch and I am sure you will be very happy with them.............Check out "the boy's" pictures of his bike. He has 12 inch apes and it is one of the best mod jobs I have seen on a 750.....


https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showg...puser=693&sl=t
Stevie D. is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
thebeginning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie D. View Post
I just can't seem to find any pic's on my new laptop. It looked good though, the 12 inch bars were a tad wider than the 16 inch and I am sure you will be very happy with them.............Check out "the boy's" pictures of his bike. He has 12 inch apes and it is one of the best mod jobs I have seen on a 750.....


https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showg...puser=693&sl=t

Very cool, and pretty similar to what I'm hoping to do with mine.


Quick question - where did you get your brake line, and in what length?
thebeginning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome