Kuryakyn Large ISO-Peg Foot Pegs #7999 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Kuryakyn Large ISO-Peg Foot Pegs #7999

I read on here that the Kuryakyn Large ISO-Peg Footpegs with Offset Mounts and Magnum Quick Clamps 7999 can accommodate up to 38 in inseam. I am tall and would love to stretch out my legs more on some highway pegs because I have a 36in inseam. Does anyone have these foot pegs installed on their engine guard?

The instructions say the clamps will tighten down onto the engine guard. I got a pair of them, but they seem to be very big for the engine guard and I am questioning if they will really tighten down onto the engine guard. Would hate to try it and find out it does not clamp down enough and I can no longer return them.

If you have them on your bike and have a picture to share I will feel better that I got the correct part for my bike.

I got them from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WJWYEE
Manufacturer Part # 7999

-Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM

You need 1" clamps for the engine guard if it is the factory 750 guard. You can't see the clamps but they came with the Kuryakyn extensions. I have the offset pretty close to what you have.

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Coastered and air/fuel screws at 2.5 turns
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube

Last edited by baldy; 05-24-2011 at 11:35 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

baldy,
Thanks for the picture....I was playing with mine trying to decide where to put them, but you say get the 1inch clamp and what I bought part#7999(listed for $139.99, but paid $92.95) is for up to 1.25in. I was under the impression that was the correct size, but your picture shows the pegs and state 1inch.

Spoke with Kuryakyn today and part#7999 comes with clamps for 1.25in (I misunderstood their 1-1/4" really is 1.25"). The engine guard on my bike I am pretty sure is stock FS, so I asked about the 1in clamps and was told need to buy 1" Magnum Quick Clamp part#1002([email protected]$42.99). They do not sell a kit with the offset mounts and large ISO-Pegs with the 1in clamps, but I could get the smaller Offset Dually ISO-Pegs with 1" Clamps part#7976([email protected]$149.99). They are not as long as the Large ISOpPegs 4.5in vs 4 7/8in, but are wider 2.5in vs 1.5in. I am thinking that longer is better if mounting where you did in your picture.

Did you have to buy Male Mount Footpeg Extensions for your large ISO-Pegs show in your picture above? I am assuming you don't have the small ISO-Pegs.

They have a 2-1/2" ISO-Peg Extensions(pr) part#8064 ($39.99) and a 1-1/2" ISO-Peg Extensions (pr) part#8063 ($39.99) and I am trying to determine if I need to buy the extensions (was thinking 2.5in) if I mount the pegs in the same place as yours with 1" Magnum Quick Clamp.

If anyone else knows please respond.

Thanks,

-Eric

Last edited by GrnGnts; 05-25-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: called kuryakyn

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Wow. A lot of questions to answer. lol I actually bought the clamps at a dealership ($25 for the set) a lot cheaper than Kury's.

I have these extensions.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

I already had the male mount ISO pegs, you should go with the 2.5" peg extension. That would put your feet out a bit more so your heal doesn't hit the brake or shifter. That is the only place you can mount my type of extensions. You just have to know where you want to mount them before buying. I don't recommend mounting the pegs on the top of the bar or you feet and knees will be damn near the ears. The place where I put mine gives some adjusting up or down. They are at the highest in the picture but lower and I hit the brake and shift levers. Kind of limited unless your get the 2.5" extensions. Just visualize what you want and how it sets on the bar.

Hope this helps.

This is a front view but still can see the clamps.

01' VN750
Jardine cross over exaust
Kyriakin grips and foot pegs
Modified seat and backrest
Windshield
Luggage rack
Crash bar with Kyriakin pegs and extensions
Kumho 758 165/80-15 CT rear Dunlop 404 110/90-19 front
Spline lube

93' VN750 getting TLC
Decals and mirrors
ACCTs to MCCTs
Degoated with Harley mufflers
Duro 110-90-19 front 150-90-15 rear
Pick-up coils at .020
Spline lube

Last edited by baldy; 05-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement