Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket Hi-Viz, with Black Trim - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
Talking Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket Hi-Viz, with Black Trim

Ok Ladies and Gents,

I finally received my Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket Hi-viz with black trim today.
http://motoport.worldsecuresystems.c...rJacketGallery

Also I received the Air Mesh Kevlar Pant in black with 3 inch yellow reflective on the calf.
http://motoport.worldsecuresystems.c...sh_Kevlar_Pant

I also purchased the liners for winter time.
Upon opening the package i noticed the rugged and durable appearance of the kevlar. Also, the high viz is really hi viz! I had purchased suspenders originally i wanted buckles because i hate velcro when it comes loose. After talking with the gentleman from motoport..he convinced me that he recommends the velcro suspenders stating," We use the best velcro in the world or that money can buy." I felt confident with that and conceded to velcro suspenders. Well, as it turns out...they are my only real gripe with this outfit. I geared up and while i was sitting in my 90 degree garage with the bike warming up ...i felt hot and sticky. Of course, my garage is a sauna anyway even with the door open. Then, it changed. When i backed out of my garage a gentle breeze hit me and went through the mesh outfit like i was in shorts and a shirt! I was amazed at how breathable all this was. I was completely geared up and have the quad armor which is the best in the world and still had breath-ability equal or surpassing my joe rocket mesh jacket.
Once I got underway it really cooled off.
One thing with this product is that it takes a couple hours for the body armor to mold to your specific body type and bony prominences. After about and hour on the freeway...it definitely became more comfortable and not so pressured on my elbows and knees. I will continue to ride with it more and maybe give you some pics. Like i said though, the suspenders are held in place with little velcro tabs that are sandwiched between the female velcro for a decent fit but I hate loose suspenders that feel like they want to come off my shoulder and also when I bend over to check tire pressure or something i hear the velcro breaking free from its support. Then you have to drop your pants to correct the issue. This happened within the first hour so i was kind of pissed. I do have an aerostich suspender with buckles that work good but i am going to give these from motorport another chance before i call and tell them it sucks. So far though they look and feel like they are extremely sturdy and if you read the testimonials on the website..people have survived 60mph lay overs etc. This is no excuse for poor riding skill. I just feel better knowing i have decent stuff and one outfit to wear all year from -30 to +110. I want to thank Knifemaker for pointing these people out to me ...they do seem like they rock. This stuff is 15 times stronger than leather and i glow like the sun. The stuff is expensive as hell but if i add up all the jackets and mesh crap i have bought ..i could have bought another motoport outfit!
Incidentally I ran into and ICON rep the other day at starbucks...he started to hustle me on the new icon hi viz helmet and also a hiviz suit. I told him i was waiting for my motorport suit. He said who are they and that he had never heard of them. I said they are the best in the world and they work by word of mouth and quality not hype. He told me he rides a bmw several times...i told him if he rides a bmw then he should get the motoport gear since he has the dollas. He didn't seem to like that i was telling him to buy some other company's gear. oh well.

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Mine has a three inch reflective strip and its yellow reflective although its white when light reflects on it.

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender

Last edited by KIMMERLING; 09-16-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: oops

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Suspender photos

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender

Last edited by KIMMERLING; 09-16-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: oops
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

This is some guy on there websit but i pretty much look the same except he has the white reflective. I have the same map pockets on the upper chest and have zipper pockets on each sleeve for small stuff. Also, a 6x5 clear velcro map thingy that sticks to the forearm as well.

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Late to the party

Darn Kimmer, aren't you afraid that cagers, blinded from your suit, will take their hands off the steering wheel to protect their eyes and therefore lose control of their vehicle and thus crash into you having, in effect, the opposite results of what you were trying to prevent?

Just kidd'n that stuff looks definitely the way to go. I need to put that down on by "tobuy" list.

'05 VN750 - "Cookie"
My Gallery

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

You have a good point though! How easily cagers get distracted by someone with a flat tire, a cop pulling someone over, or just a pedestrian walking along the freeway. It is very possible that someone will be looking at me blinded coming out of the sun like a greek god with my yellow hjc helmet and headlight modulator flashing....who knows what could happen!

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender

Last edited by KIMMERLING; 09-17-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: oops
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Cool. I'm still debating on buying a set someday or getting a Roadcrafter suit
from Aerostitch. As I already own a bunch of jackets and pant, I think Aerostitch will be getting my money.
But if I was just starting out buying gear, the motoport stuff would be the first on my list.It simply is that good....

KM-still stuck on the IPhone.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Talking Kevlar mesh UPDATE

Ok ladies and gents,
Just an update since last I posted on this Motoport mesh suit. It has held up very well in the past summer and now I have the windproof and waterproof liners in...which allow me to ride less than 30 degrees F easily. Nothing has broken or worn in any way that I can tell. With the liners in the jacket and pants...I do feel a little like the Michelin tire man and not as flexible to throw my leg over the bike but they have been awesome. The Velcro issue I had with it coming off when i bent over was a function of the waist belt too tight and the suspenders too tight. Once adjusted properly...they haven't come off in months ..this could be also cuz I am bending my knees if I have to bend over to tie my boots. Multiple people have come up to me when I am stopped and told me how much they are thankful that I am wearing the hi viz outfit cuz they NEVER see bikers and that they like the outfit. One guy in a cage pulled over and said he rides and he totally liked the outfit and understood being seen. The outfit is a little bulky looking and several people have thought I was a firefighter but that's cool cuz chicks dig firefighters. Thats all for now.

Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender