Handlebars and Windshields Questions
Ok first, i have my 2001 VN750, its got stock handlebars, and i am sure they are in the stock position. I am wanting to move them forward a bit, I know its a simple issue, but i have some questions:
1. The 4 black plastic caps in the handlebar mount, what is the best way to Remove them to get at the bolts?
2. What are the torque specs for those bolts, if any?
3. Has anyone else ever moved their bars, were they happy with it? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
4. Once the black caps are removed, if they aren't damaged, i'd like to put them back in of course, but, if they are damaged, what size are they? I went to the Kawi dealer and he can order them, but they are $3 each!! We use them alot at work so i can get them from work FREE, but i am not sure the size.
Ok now about the windshield, i just want some rider input and suggestions. I bought my bike from a friend, it has a nice size windshield, its not really clear, its a bit tinted, not much tho. I have ridden it for darn near 2 years with the windshield on, I just took it off today and went for a ride. Going over 55mph, i kinda wished i had it on, and when i got sand n bugs, and my eyes even with sunglasses, started to water, i wish i had the windshield.
I think the bike looks bad ass without the windshield, but i love the comfort of having it. I mean for putzing around the town it was fine off, but heading home on the main hwy at 60mph, i wanted it back on.
So I just want some rider input on riding with and without a windshield.
1. If you ride without a windshield, are you wearing a full face helmet? Or how do you keep your eyes from watering and stuff. Any suggestions or ideas i would appreciate. Maybe some people wear those goggle sunglasses that are like air tight or what not.
2. Do they make a quick release windshield for the VN750?
4. What's the best stuff to clean the windshield? I was at a gas station, using the windshield sponge and squeegee thing, and another biker told me i shouldn't use that, because the windshield soap they use for that will over time ruin the plastic windshield or something, is there any truth in this??
I know these are trivial petty questions and concerns, but its good to talk about and get input from other riders.