Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
new owner

seat-other vulcans?

yet another seat thread. I been looking on Ebay alot and had another thought (a quick use of the Search function turned up nothing, but maybe its here). I been looking at other style vulcan seats, 500, 900 and the 1500 classic seats. most appear to have the general shape, minus the backrest part. I have been thinking of seeing if any of these might be a better option. Problem is maybe they sit just as bad as the stock 750 one. Most of the newer (classic) seats look alot like the aftermarket ones for our 750's. My biggest concern is the shape. I have seen harley seats on our bikes and there alwasy seems to be strange gaps by the side covers. While I'm not horribly concerned, the better the fit is my goal (well 2nd gaol after comfort).

has anybody had any of the other vucan seats on the 750? or just sat on one on the orginal bike (or road it).. how are they for comfort?

The backrest is about the only real difference i can see, and as an EX upholstery guy (with his old equipment in garage) i can modify that, no worries, and the actual mounting i can fabricate, just wondering how they "fit" in relation to the original seats.

so anybody?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 05:26 PM

I just got done installing a vn900 seat on mine today. I had to do some modding on the rear to hold it down. I just went for a spin and so far the comfort is good to me. The fit is pretty good also. I have to put some weather stripping on the front to eliminate the gap between the tank and the seat but other than that, it's all good. Picked mine up on e-bay for $50.00 plus $15.00 shipping (not too bad)! I will post pics later tonight so you can see for yourself.

95' 750vn
10,900 - Bought
Custom Straight Pipes
Jet kit / carbs re-built
Final Drive Serviced
New Plugs
Maintenance Free Battery
VN900 Seat
Turn Signal Relocation
Still have lots of stuff to do, just need the green to proceed! Oh, and momma's approval....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Calif Rider

Clok1966, since you are a ex upolsterer you can easily shave the seat. Remove the cover and as I used, a electric knife, cut down into the seat and make it concaved. There is a thread on this in the forum. This makes it less stressful on your tail bone. At lease if you do not like it you can still get a different seat. To smooth it out and shape I used a sanding disc, when all done recoved the seat with the original materiel. Made it a lot more confortable.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs
home made fork wind deflectors
coil pickups adjusted.
Kenda kruz tires 110/90 170/80

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
new owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by weh44att View Post
Clok1966, since you are a ex upolsterer you can easily shave the seat. Remove the cover and as I used, a electric knife, cut down into the seat and make it concaved. There is a thread on this in the forum. This makes it less stressful on your tail bone. At lease if you do not like it you can still get a different seat. To smooth it out and shape I used a sanding disc, when all done recoved the seat with the original materiel. Made it a lot more confortable.
I know I should do it myself, and have been trying to pick up a spare seat to work on (I'm a "always keep the original" guy, dont want to work on the only seat I have). And just like the computer tech who has the worst PC at home, I look for ways to not "work"

All the time looking and attempting to buy a spare seat I see several other Vulcan seats for cheap on E-bay so was wondering about it. That 900 seat looks nice on it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement