looking to buy a RIGHT SIDE MIRROR - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Jesus-Family-Coffee-Bike

lolipop mirrors vs. replacement mirrors

since I have to replace my right side mirror anyway...

Do most of you all prefer the big round lilipops or have you guys found that there's a good quality replacement out there for around $25/set? My friend bought a cheap set on eBay and they're already rusting.

Square vs. Round... what do you guys/gals think? I think the round ones def have the 80's Jap bike look which is why I bought my Vulcan. If you have a right side mirror for sale or know of anyone who does, private message me with a price. Thanks in advance!

If you have pics of some mirrors that you reeeeelay think look smooth, post a pic and link!

http://photobucket.com/webby778_bike_pics

old bike:
93 vn750 - Gray/Navy - Mac Staggered Dual Tapered Tips Exhaust - DEI exhaust wrap - K&N air filters - ACCT rebuild - Deka ETX15L MF battery.
current bike:
95 vs800 - Tan/Maroon custom - Cobra pipes - Jardine seats - stage 1 jet kit, carbs re-tuned - 21' front wheel - crash bars with pegs - Willie & Max saddlebags

Last edited by webby778; 12-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I know you're looking for a right mirror but I just replaced both mirrors with rectangulars @ $11.50 each and they're cheap enough and to me they look better than the original lollypops. Just a thought

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 PM

I definitely recommend oem mirrors, what ever design you choose. Most oem Mirrors are made by Napoleon. The cheap ones will fall apart. If you only need one, try a salvage yard, or someone here who has replaced their mirrors with something else. I think the "Arlen Ness" style artsy mirrors look weird on a Vulcan 750.

I bought an '04 Rebel 250 a few months ago as a project, and wound up swapping the Rebel mirrors onto the Vulcan, and the Vulcan mirrors onto the Rebel. Both were a perfect fit, and, IMO, made both bikes look better.

You can buy Napoleon mirrors that are not oem, but they cost just as much. If you don't get the same style as you already have on the left side, you will need to buy two.

It's just a personal preference, but I don't put cheap stuff on my Vulcan, or any other nice bike. If it's a beater, it really doesn't matter. Jerry.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 PM

My bike came with only one mirror that is what I guess you'd call teardrop-shaped, or maybe pear-shaped. I suspect it was the same model as

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...item56385a41c7

To replace the missing one, I got an Emgo 2086834 (Dennis Kirk P/N 391944) and I got another pair of those after I donated my mirrors to my brother's Virago after a Tahoe ran him off the road. The pair was $42 shipped. To my eye, they are nearly identical except the Emgos have the make and part number etched in them on the back.

Personally, I really like these mirrors, from a functional and stylistic standpoint. It's been about seven months since I got the bike and, so far, the one I assume is an eBay unit and all three Emgos seem to be holding up well (Though my brother and I both store our bikes indoors at home and whenever practical away from home, so YMMV).

Last edited by IMBoring25; 12-29-2009 at 08:03 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Old Fart

Garage
JC Whitney sells alot of mirrors, and for the record , on a Kawasaki, there is no such thing as a "RIGHT SIDE" mirror, they are both the same. Only Yamaha I think used reverse threads on the right? mirror, so you had to find a right or left mirror.

Many folks like the mirrors off the Meanstreak. I found a decent set of teardrop shaped mirrors at JCW for under 20 bucks. They sat lower, gave me a better view behind, and looked better than the stock lollipops.
They had two locknuts , one at the mirror and one at the mount. So once adjusted, they never moved.

Yes they were cheap, and they worked great. There is a picture of one here:
http://tinyurl.com/ytnvx7

I also added to each one of those small round stick on wide angle mirrors to the narrower part of the mirror.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
JC Whitney sells alot of mirrors, and for the record , on a Kawasaki, there is no such thing as a "RIGHT SIDE" mirror, they are both the same. Only Yamaha I think used reverse threads on the right? mirror, so you had to find a right or left mirror.

Many folks like the mirrors off the Meanstreak. I found a decent set of teardrop shaped mirrors at JCW for under 20 bucks. They sat lower, gave me a better view behind, and looked better than the stock lollipops.
They had two locknuts , one at the mirror and one at the mount. So once adjusted, they never moved.

Yes they were cheap, and they worked great. There is a picture of one here:
http://tinyurl.com/ytnvx7

I also added to each one of those small round stick on wide angle mirrors to the narrower part of the mirror.

KM

What does JC stand for??? LMOA

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:43 PM

I wanted rectangular mirrors to increase the view to the sides. Bought some inexpensive stainless steel (Bikemaster?) mirrors and caught the left mirror as it fell off the stem. The retaining nut is somewhere on the highway. I then went the route KM suggested and bought some used Kawasaki Meanstreak mirrors off ebay for about what I paid for the new stainless mirrors. Really like them and good quality. Any 10mm mirrors with right hand thread will fit the mounts on the VN750.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Jesus-Family-Coffee-Bike

you all have been very helpful! I will let ya know what I decide. ~dw

old bike:
93 vn750 - Gray/Navy - Mac Staggered Dual Tapered Tips Exhaust - DEI exhaust wrap - K&N air filters - ACCT rebuild - Deka ETX15L MF battery.
current bike:
95 vs800 - Tan/Maroon custom - Cobra pipes - Jardine seats - stage 1 jet kit, carbs re-tuned - 21' front wheel - crash bars with pegs - Willie & Max saddlebags
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby778 View Post
you all have been very helpful! I will let ya know what I decide. ~dw
Have you checked your PM's ?

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Jesus-Family-Coffee-Bike

I have lance! saw ur eBay and CRobin suggestion... thanks a ton!

old bike:
current bike:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement