Fire N Steel fairing and hard bags - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Addicted to Projects

Fire N Steel fairing and hard bags

I have a dilemma. Here it is: I purchased a Fire N Steele fairing and hard bags with mounting hardware for a VN750 from a local (Alaska) craigslist ad. (see thread https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10796) These are not the actual kit but are pictures of what the kit looks like.

I purchased it so that it wouldn't be sold to someone who would try to “modify” it to fit their Honda or Suzuki. I paid $400 for the kit. I knew that there are heavly sought out by other members of this forum but I don't have the desire to put a fairing and hard bags on my VN700. If I want to tour I have my Goldwing. I have tried to ship it into Canada but the fairing box was 3” to large to make it through customs and that individual has decided that they weren't able to justify the purchase at this time. I had another individual who also had to back out due to financial difficulties.

I removed the wind screen from the fairing and have the fairing packaged ready to ship. So here is my dilemma, due to a sudden change in marital status, laying my kz440 down after the throttle stuck open and a 17 yo daughter wanting a vehicle to drive. I purchased a pickup that needs some work to make it road worthy, my Blazer that needs some front end work before winter sets in up here and then the need of a new refrigerator for the house. I find myself in need of the money that I currently have tied up in the kit. I want to unload the fairing and hard bags quickly but I want it to go to someone who appreciates it and will enjoy it. I would rather not sell it to someone who is just looking to install it to increase the resale price as they are selling their bike. I'm not looking to make a profit but I'm also not looking to loose money. I am willing to sell the kit for the $400 + shipping to someone on the forum but would like to do it soon. I have the fairing boxed and ready to ship, the wind screen, both hard bags and mounting hardware will be boxed and ready to ship this week. Let me know if you are interested.

Charlie
VN700 project bike 98% completed!!
68 Bushwhacker this winters project (in the works)
86 Honda GL1200i (winter project #2)
82 kz440 daily rider for now!

A few clowns short of a circus now aren't we?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

If they are in good shape, you won't have to wait too long for a buyer. There are always a few who are looking for these and they are hard to find, as you probably know. Hang in there and I'll mention it over on VROC and the yahoo group to see if there is some interest. You might want to post this over on the for sale forum here too. Posting actual photos of the items will go a long way as well. Good luck!

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Late to the party

Darn you're tempting me. Somebody will jump in here I am certain and save both of us. I just bought a new CRV and trying to cut down on expenses for a while.

'05 VN750 - "Cookie"
My Gallery

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Grimm
Dalton, Ga. 30720. What would shipping be? And is there ANY chance of splitting it up? I would DEFINITELY like to take the bags. What are their dimensions and what are they made of? Anyway, I may can swing this whole set if you let me know what shipping would be. I would like to have the tools to make my bike a cross country machine without the addition of a bike. Are they in good shape? Used or like new?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

i have a front fender that will complete this fairing kit if enyone wants it.. make offer..

[IMG][/IMG]

Jeff Brooks
Owensboro KY
'94 Vulcan 750

http://youtube.com/user/cm4cm5
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Search Goddess

Just to give you a rough idea.. My fairing (fairing, lowers and tour fender) was shipped from Oregon for $80. Broken down to fit in two boxes to avoid the oversize box charge. Hard bags would be another box.. so an additional shipping for those..
I know that shipping from Alaska would probably be higher but it would give you a ballpark figure to start with.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm4cm5 View Post
i have a front fender that will complete this fairing kit if enyone wants it.. make offer..

[IMG][/IMG]
Dunno where to start. I hate buying stuff from folks because I don't want to get them mad. What's the least (PM ME) you would take for it?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 AM

Have these gone yet? I have an '88 VN750 that I've worn through my side bags on and need to replace them. This kit looks like it will more than fit the bill. If I read the posts correctly it would cost me ~$500 to ship it to South Dakota. If they're still available and in good condition I'd like to purchase them. Can you post some pictures to verify their condition? You could also send pictures and/or correspondence to karneson at yahoo dot com.

Thanks
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Addicted to Projects

Sorry I should have posted that the kit has been spoken for.

Charlie
VN700 project bike 98% completed!!
68 Bushwhacker this winters project (in the works)
86 Honda GL1200i (winter project #2)
82 kz440 daily rider for now!

A few clowns short of a circus now aren't we?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Hey, that`s good news Charlie. I`m glad to hear you found someone who will use them.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement